collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eck Speaks  (Read 20177 times)

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

Re: Eck Speaks
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »
I think this thread should be looked at by social services as it is wrong to allow people to openly discuss a period of there life where they have been psycholgically/emotionally abused. Lerner/Faulkner should issue a "counselling" video stating it was there fault and re assuring us it will not happen again. Though appointing Lambert has helped enormously in our recovery :-))))

Offline nigel

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »
I also don't buy into this "nice guy" bollocks with McLeish.

I agree, the man is a self serving prick.
Me too.Dumping a club by e-mail after relegating them is not my idea of a nice guy. I resent the way he was always referring to the elite teams and knowing he was not going to attempt to compete ,slowly but surely zapping the confidence of the whole team,   A total and utter coward . Balls of steel,my arse. Just a greedy fecker

Agree with all three posts.

We only have Pannu's word for that, and even the blues fans reckon he's a pathological liar.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2012, 08:22:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure McLeish didn't deny it In fact I'm sure he confirmed it was true He said that he backed it up the next day With a hard copy
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:24:14 PM by LamboAlways »

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
I bet he had a few quid on himself to NOT be Aston Villa manager at the start of this season.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2012, 05:41:45 AM »
McLeish belongs to the band of old style former British players for whom tactical innovation and developing young players are alien concepts. All they have is an overrated ability to get the best out of technically limited wholehearted players and depend on luck pretty much with new signings. The likes of Peter Reid, Bryan Robson, Gary Megson, Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce are in the same boat. Give them a few quid and they will do ok in the Championship but anything more and they will struggle

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2012, 08:46:52 AM »
I'm not sure Big Sam deserves to be bracketed there, his teams are shit to watch but he was innovative at Bolton in the way he revamped the club and embraced sports science.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2012, 09:46:20 AM »
I'm not sure Big Sam deserves to be bracketed there, his teams are shit to watch but he was innovative at Bolton in the way he revamped the club and embraced sports science.

I was going to say that.  Allardyce worked miracles at Bolton.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »

I was going to say that.  Allardyce worked miracles at Bolton.

Allardyce certainly did things differently at Bolton, but what he did was still underpinned by an unsustainable transfer policy that ultimately had the club on its back.

I'd put him in the same group as Robson, Bruce, ONeill et al.

Offline ez

« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
McLeish has never been a premier league standard manager but somehow he has lucked his way to two premier league managers jobs and is now desperately trying to keep himself regarded as one.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »
McLeish belongs to the band of old style former British players for whom tactical innovation and developing young players are alien concepts. All they have is an overrated ability to get the best out of technically limited wholehearted players and depend on luck pretty much with new signings. The likes of Peter Reid, Bryan Robson, Gary Megson, Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce are in the same boat. Give them a few quid and they will do ok in the Championship but anything more and they will struggle

Replace Allardyce with McCarthy, and I'd agree although I'm not sure Megson is even up to Championship standard.  McCarthy repeatedly left out Fletcher,  a regular scorer, and then wondered why Wolves struggled.

Offline eastie

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure McLeish didn't deny it In fact I'm sure he confirmed it was true He said that he backed it up the next day With a hard copy

Mcleish has admitted in interviews that he did quit by e mail while on holiday- no doubt about that at all and he never denied the fact in any way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal