collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kit Conundrum  (Read 11526 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Kit Conundrum
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 05:09:50 PM »
I remember hearing that the first nike kit was the best selling Villa shirt ever, so I'm surprised that the current shirt is the best seller in ten years.

I'm struggling to think what shirt we had 10 years ago, was it the diadora one?

It's probably got something to do with us actually getting the shirts in the stores much earlier in the summer than we did when we were with Nike. I just think this is a bit of PR from the club because they know just how awful the Macron kits are.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 05:11:35 PM »
The sales are all well and good, but I wonder how much money they're making off it when you consider returns. Say what you like about Nike when it comes to the designs, but the quality was spot on, the Macron shirt is the shittest manufactured clothing I've ever bought.

The first one had the Macron sponsor peeling off after 2 washes, and the stitching around the collar was coming undone. I took it back and got it swapped (during the week, and there was still a bunch of other people having to do the same..). The new one has had 3 washes and it's peeling again. This time I'll be getting a refund instead.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
I don't mind the away. It's different and it's not attempting to be particularly stylish or whatever.

The home is the worst we've had in a few years though, for me. Probably pre-Nike.

Online VillaBoy_23

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »
If you wash the shirt at 30 degrees with no fabric softener then it stays as good as new. I've washed my home and away shirts multiple times already and there hasn't been any peeling.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 05:31:43 PM »
If you wash the shirt at 30 degrees with no fabric softener then it stays as good as new. I've washed my home and away shirts multiple times already and there hasn't been any peeling.

I tried that with the second, after reading in other threads about this problem. It doesn't seem to have helped. Maybe there's just a difference in quality between different batches.

Online VillaBoy_23

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 05:40:53 PM »

I tried that with the second, after reading in other threads about this problem. It doesn't seem to have helped. Maybe there's just a difference in quality between different batches.

Hmmm you're right that would suggest that the printing isn't as good on some shirts. I like to collect old shirts and the quality on them is infinitely better. The sponsors aren't printed like they are now and the general feel of them is much better (although I do think this seasons is better quality than last)

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
I'd just prefer to think that Villa fans have got a bit more style about them than to walk around town in a day-glo green, nylon fire hazard.

I am desperate to get one. I could trundle round Hoxton on a tricycle and wearing a top hat, being ironic

The rise of the idiots.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »

What's the world coming to. I thought this was a forum for real men to make disgusting/irreverant/infantile/purile  remarks about footballers and their fans. Not some namby pamby gossip column about domestic science.

What's happened to the days of "Come and have a go if you think your hard enough"?

Now it seems to be "please don't hit me you'll crease my nicely ironed shirt"

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »
I'm a bit sceptical about all this stuff coming from the club about how well the strip is selling.  Given that the quality appears to be questionable and the colours all wrong I'd be surprised if its' really selling as well as they claim.  Unless they are counting replacements for crap shirts as further sales.  And that little Pravda piece from Bannan about how he loved the away shirt and how it was flying off the shelves just smacked of a desperate PR stunt, trying to talk it up.  Maybe the age of "it's not how it is but how it looks" fabrication has made me too much of a cynic. 

Offline KRS

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »
All these negative comments on the quality of the shirt have convinced me to purchase my preferred alternative claret and blue branded polo shirt instead.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2012, 10:14:20 PM »
Nice kit all right and after 6-7 washes the Macron logos have finally fallen off the sleeves.

Then it would look even better, you should post a pic of it

The bits on the shoulder's are starting to fall off mine too.  It's only had 2 washes.  I'm going to see if I prefer it without them before deciding on returning it.  I got it from the club shop but I might have to check if Mike Ashley's empire require receipts for returns :)

I contacted Macron Ireland today(€20 cheaper for me to buy from them than from the on-line Villa store ) and told them,they said send it back and they will replace it.
Is there much point if the same thing will happen the replacement shirt ?

Offline AvFc4eVeR

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »
Nice kit all right and after 6-7 washes the Macron logos have finally fallen off the sleeves.

Then it would look even better, you should post a pic of it

The bits on the shoulder's are starting to fall off mine too.  It's only had 2 washes.  I'm going to see if I prefer it without them before deciding on returning it.  I got it from the club shop but I might have to check if Mike Ashley's empire require receipts for returns :)

I contacted Macron Ireland today(€20 cheaper for me to buy from them than from the on-line Villa store ) and told them,they said send it back and they will replace it.
Is there much point if the same thing will happen the replacement shirt ?

Only if they replace your replica top every 3 matches throughout the rest of the season, if not, no!

Offline john2710

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2012, 10:58:22 PM »
Tip of the day - Don't wash it  ???

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal