collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kit Conundrum  (Read 11525 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: Kit Conundrum
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 10:05:27 PM »
Usually only had about two weeks of sales by now. I note Blues new kit only came out today.

is that the pink one?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 12:12:13 AM »
Happier consumer innit? People went into last season rather gloomy and it translates accordingly in merchandise sales or not as the case was. Football fans by nature are gluttons for punishment so even with TSM in charge there would have been some who still wanted to buy the kits. This season started at the end of last with the dismissal of TSM and with it the lifting of clouds and everything just seemed better. Add in a new kit manufacturer (many had grown weary of Nike treating us like bollocks), a kit delivered on time, a stylish home kit, and an away kit colour that is really unique, and you have a combination of factors why the mood is better and the sales are up.

All that makes sense, but I am still surprised we didn't sell more when we had Nike as our supplier, and were doing even better (let's not forget, we've not had the most exciting of starts this season).

Obv in the years when they actually bothered getting the kit into the shops for us.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 12:33:33 AM »
Yeah, I'd be surprised if, when they compare year-on-year next summer, if it's still ahead of the 07/08 and 08/09 models.

Still, nice news all the same. Isn't our season-ticket register the best it's been since 07/08 aswell? A lot of dormant Villa fans just crying out for a bit of hope it would seem.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 12:38:12 AM »
Happier consumer innit? People went into last season rather gloomy and it translates accordingly in merchandise sales or not as the case was. Football fans by nature are gluttons for punishment so even with TSM in charge there would have been some who still wanted to buy the kits. This season started at the end of last with the dismissal of TSM and with it the lifting of clouds and everything just seemed better. Add in a new kit manufacturer (many had grown weary of Nike treating us like bollocks), a kit delivered on time, a stylish home kit, and an away kit colour that is really unique, and you have a combination of factors why the mood is better and the sales are up.

All that makes sense, but I am still surprised we didn't sell more when we had Nike as our supplier, and were doing even better (let's not forget, we've not had the most exciting of starts this season).

Obv in the years when they actually bothered getting the kit into the shops for us.

My feeling is the kit itself as much as how they treated us got worse over the years. I love the Acorns sponsored kit. Great design, nice material and with it a good team at a time we were all happily bobbing along. Then many things started to turn sour, players started to leave, MON became more infuriating, the home games got worse, a malaise started to set in, the General bailed. I'm not saying there is a direct correlation, but this season seems like a complete detachment from that period.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 01:23:14 AM »
From the OS News:

...the away top has achieved a six-year high in figures too.

Why?

Debate.

We wanna glow in the dark,
We glow in the dark
We're Aston Villa
We glow in the dark

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 01:47:10 AM »
I remember hearing that the first nike kit was the best selling Villa shirt ever, so I'm surprised that the current shirt is the best seller in ten years.

I'm struggling to think what shirt we had 10 years ago, was it the diadora one?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 05:00:32 AM »
10 years ago - 2002/2003 was the first Diadora / Rover one. Probably one of the best kits of the last 10 years in my book. Shame about a couple of the results that season that will be forever associated with it.

How could we have not beaten them wearing that thing of beauty?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 11:41:11 AM »
I don't believe a word of this story about the away kit being a best seller.

PR bollocks, if you ask me.

Offline Summers

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »
I've seen loads of people in the away kit, so I believe it. I was up town the day it went on sale and the amount of lime I saw around was fantastic.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 12:07:30 PM »
You're probably right

I'd just prefer to think that Villa fans have got a bit more style about them than to walk around town in a day-glo green, nylon fire hazard.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 12:11:12 PM »
Nice kit all right and after 6-7 washes the Macron logos have finally fallen off the sleeves.

Then it would look even better, you should post a pic of it

The bits on the shoulder's are starting to fall off mine too.  It's only had 2 washes.  I'm going to see if I prefer it without them before deciding on returning it.  I got it from the club shop but I might have to check if Mike Ashley's empire require receipts for returns :)

Offline Barney74

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »
Nice kit all right and after 6-7 washes the Macron logos have finally fallen off the sleeves.

Thank God  :P
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:20:06 PM by Barney74 »

Offline MarkM

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »
Good design
having it ready for sale prior to the holidays
the launch event
better communications with us fans
higher expectations of this season

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 03:34:38 PM »
I'd just prefer to think that Villa fans have got a bit more style about them than to walk around town in a day-glo green, nylon fire hazard.

I am desperate to get one. I could trundle round Hoxton on a tricycle and wearing a top hat, being ironic

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »
You're probably right

Have to agree.
It looks fucking awful.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal