collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tonight Was the Night Aston Villa Stopped Being Dull!  (Read 15257 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Tonight Was the Night Aston Villa Stopped Being Dull!
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »
My contact at VP reckons he has heard that PL is a 'right bastard', discipline-wise.

I posted a while back that one of the reasons I like him because he doesn't smile much. I can imagine him being a pretty easy going bloke to get along with if you are following the rules, but a prick if you step out of line. I loved the fact that he gave Mancini a right earful the other night. We've needed someone down there who irrespective of the opposition will go out to win. We are going to have some displays like the second half vs Southampton this season, but those kinds of displays will become rarer as time goes on. We need some steel on and off the pitch at the club if we are restore some pride and dignity which has been stripped away over the past few years for a number of reasons.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »
good.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »
Is there anyone else on here who remembers the early days of Ron Saunders reign and like me is having a dose of deja vu?

Well if that means a League Cup win and a string of results in the second half of the season that see us finish runners-up, bring it on!

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »
Is there anyone else on here who remembers the early days of Ron Saunders reign and like me is having a dose of deja vu?

Take two asprin and gargle with TCP fella.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2012, 01:05:35 PM »
Paul Lambert today praised Villa's whole-hearted approach - but admitted it's doing nothing for his own ticker!

Lambert has been thrilled with the all-action displays of his team, as they have lived up to his positive footballing philosophies.

He said he's as excited as the fans watching the claret and blues go on the attack.

But he joked that it's like a rollercoaster following Villa at present.

Asked if it would up and down this season, Lambert said: "I hope not. But it's a young team and that's what happens with young players.

"It's exciting for myself watching them at the moment.

"You get heart failure like everyone else when you sit and watch it but I am really enjoying it.

"The players are enjoying it and so are the fans. Yes you're disappointed to be losing at certain times but it's certainly exciting for everyone to see.

"The fans are getting excitement. We want the supporters on our side rather than against us.

"You appreciate the crowd because they travel to watch you - sometimes a long, long way.

"But the people who are coming to watch us at the minute, yes it's exciting."

On his positive outlook, he continued: "It's a trait that will never leave me. I don't want it any other way. If you're going to get beat, get beat in the right way but I also want to win as best I can. We will give it a go."

Lambert insisted too much has been made of the Southampton defeat, saying a "mad" spell in the second half was their undoing.

Other than that, he's been thrilled with the improvements he's seen since joining.

He added: "There was a mad 15 minute spell at Southampton but at one-nil we were looking pretty fine and at the start of the second half we could have had a couple more, with Christian and Darren.

"They equalised and then we had a mad spell where we couldn't get at it. But that's happens in football. We will have to take our medicine at times and go again.

"I thought the response on Tuesday was tremendous, phenomenal.

"For 55 minutes at Southampton I was pretty happy and then we just lost our way a bit. That can happen. You don't get time to dwell - you go again."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal