collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tonight Was the Night Aston Villa Stopped Being Dull!  (Read 15292 times)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
Re: Tonight Was the Night Aston Villa Stopped Being Dull!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 12:29:20 PM »
Bodymoor Heath must be a bouncing place of work today......about time

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »
I am beside myself with excitement for Sunday now. Somebody pinch me

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
*pinch*

There you go.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »
Absolutely disgusted with some of the press reaction to this. I was looking at bbc.co.uk and apparently because Man City and poxy Everton were fairly and squarely turned over last night, Premier League clubs don't care about the league cup.
Who the fuck are we then, Crawley?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »
We need to back up last night with a result against the Baggies.  No point doing well in the cup if we get sucked into another relegation battle.  Good to see Gabby back to doing what he does best though, that really does bode very well.

Offline Boz

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »
Absolutely disgusted with some of the press reaction to this. I was looking at bbc.co.uk and apparently because Man City and poxy Everton were fairly and squarely turned over last night, Premier League clubs don't care about the league cup.

The media response is predictable, as are the excuses they make because their pre match utterings were so wrong. Villa apparently don't make good media copy at present, plus all the dire warnings of our demise from the Premiership from twats like Savage. By the end of the season, we will hopefully make them all eat their words.
UTV

Offline eastie

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »
Excellent result and against a strong city team too- well done to all, onwards and upwards !

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »

Fuck em Maz, they'll be jumping on our bandwagon eventually.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
Of all the kickings the media have given us, the one that I want to see proved wrong more than any other was an understated one by Lawro the other night. Something like, 'Aston Villa will struggle simply because they've got a lot of ordinary players'.

Offline el león Benidorm

• GM : 28.05.2015
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »
What I enjoyed most about the result is that self inflated ego of Mancini saying that other managers don't give him the respect he believes he deserves. He feels that if it was at Old Toilet opposition managers would not have questioned the decisions so much and would have backed down from Taggert.

Fair play to Lambert and the boys to sticking to the task and not playing in awe of the over hyped cnuts!

Hopefully it will be the way forward!

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »
I hope the media continue to ignore and write us off. I also love the sight of a hopping mad, opposition manager. The last time I saw that was Alex Ferguson when we won at Man U. If we're winding our opponents up, we're doing OK. I'm sick of managers saying "obviously Villa will be a tough game", when they really mean "this should be a comfortable win for us".

Lets get in their faces a bit.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 05:07:21 PM »
Of all the kickings the media have given us, the one that I want to see proved wrong more than any other was an understated one by Lawro the other night. Something like, 'Aston Villa will struggle simply because they've got a lot of ordinary players'.

This also pissed me off - who are all these superstars at around 15 of the other 20 clubs in our division?

Another one that got me last night was Ian Dowie on SSN at half time with them 1-0 up, casually saying "Looks like Man City will be going through here" as if they were at 5 up with 10 minutes to go! One goal in it and a whole half to play, but lets not even contemplate Villa getting anything.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »

This also pissed me off - who are all these superstars at around 15 of the other 20 clubs in our division?

Another one that got me last night was Ian Dowie on SSN at half time with them 1-0 up, casually saying "Looks like Man City will be going through here" as if they were at 5 up with 10 minutes to go! One goal in it and a whole half to play, but lets not even contemplate Villa getting anything.

to be fair under the past managers he would be right .

But this is PL now and things will change.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »

Not wishing to start a fight but we do have a lot of ordinary players, but luckily they’re motivated and managed by a seemingly excellent manager.  I recall Lawro on football focus debating why spurs were not good enough to win the league and his response was something like "they need to sign someone like RVP.”

The MOTD crew seem to think that it is a simple case of picking loads of world class players.  They appear to have no understanding of the nuances of running a successful club and indeed acknowledging that success for one club is not the same for another.  Rant over.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 07:25:47 PM »
Here is a half rant, what was your comment on the "not dull" thread about me and my pals at the club about?

I am not looking for a fight, and won't reply until tomorrow on account of being busy, but was a bit perplexed Dante, I must say.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal