collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: No Respect?  (Read 18000 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: No Respect?
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 06:32:08 PM »
"Empty seats my lord" is also a bit pathetic, when you think of Villa Park these days. Hardly claustrophobic in any part of the ground.

There's a portion of our singers who appear to be on autopilot regarding the "shit support" and "empty seats" chants.

The whole song is an embarrassment as far as I'm concerned but the inappropriate singing of those verses is just plain daft.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 06:47:51 PM »
keep the 19 minuet applause, Stan is still the club captain and its no hardship to anyone during the game to show we still support him and havent forgotten

the other 'no respect' chants are just pathetic,
 its totaly up to them as far as i'm concerned, but lets face it for some of our fans its just another oportunity to bait the opposition supporters, so i dont expect it to stop

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 07:17:32 PM »
Im not even sure about the "it's your round my lord" verse to be honest

Offline danlanza

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
Time for it to stop at away grounds.
Not at home though, we need to keep Stan going and in a positive state of mind.
 In my view anyway.

Offline Ross

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 07:25:16 PM »
I think there's a section of fans who look at Grieferpool and think that's what all fans should be like.

I think recent events show how wide of the mark this sort of statement is.  You should be ashamed!

Couldn't agree more Chris. I read that and immediately though the same. Plonker.

Offline rutski

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 07:30:37 PM »
keep the 19 minuet applause, Stan is still the club captain and its no hardship to anyone during the game to show we still support him and havent forgotten

its totaly up to them as far as i'm concerned, but lets face it for some of our fans its just another oportunity to bait the opposition supporters, so i dont expect it to stop
agree with john here, if you feel like it then do it, if the ooposition dont well they are usually in the dark. if it makes the tiniest bit of difference to the good then carry on but dont go on about anyone else who chooses not too.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 07:33:38 PM »
I think there's a section of fans who look at Grieferpool and think that's what all fans should be like.

Let's hope we never have to find out.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 07:47:47 PM »
I can just imagine what type of people are chanting 'no respect'. No doubt most of them are the chavscum who have no respect for anything anyway, just their own warped sense of what they feel they need to get all indignant about.

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 07:55:09 PM »

I wonder how many of our supporters who sing this song , have actually seen him play in a Villa shirt .

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 08:10:42 PM »

Let's hope we never have to find out.

I think there's a small section of our fans who have been under a rock this last couple of weeks or for the last 23 years.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »

I wonder how many of our supporters who sing this song , have actually seen him play in a Villa shirt .

Or know anything about his life.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 08:42:01 PM »

On a more positive note I read on a saints forum that some guy thought we were the loudest fans he'd heard at St Mary's for a long time.   

Offline gervilla

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
"Empty seats my lord" is also a bit pathetic, when you think of Villa Park these days. Hardly claustrophobic in any part of the ground.

There's a portion of our singers who appear to be on autopilot regarding the "shit support" and "empty seats" chants.

The whole song is an embarrassment as far as I'm concerned but the inappropriate singing of those verses is just plain daft.

I couldn't agree more.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 11:34:55 PM »
It just goes to show that even though we support the same team, some Villa fans are just morons.

Sadly, very true

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »

Agree 110% about keeping our support for Stan going, especially after reading a poster who has faced the same illness to Stan and how it would/could help!

Personally I think the whole song is shite, the ad hoc verses that get added seem to be woeful at best, i'd love not to hear it again!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal