collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: No Respect?  (Read 17999 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: No Respect?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
It is nice gesture to show support for Petrov, but I think it is time to end it as we have been doing it for 6 months ?

Offline peter w

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »
The difficulty with all of these things is knowing when to stop. I think it'll go through the season and then Petrov will have to make a decision on his future and the number 19 shirt assigned elsewhere.

Offline tim

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 10:51:05 AM »
I'd say that for those that wish to carry on, do so. It doesn't have to be a 'grand gesture' every week, just a bit of encouragement from those that want to show a bit of public good will.
As for opposition fans not understanding etc - not our problem. If they want to ask why, fair enough, but those that wish to join in should be encouraged - that type of 'outside' support is probably just as welcomed, if not more so, from the man himself.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 10:57:09 AM »
Perhaps a halfway house, Do it at home games, Park it at away games ?
What happens when you go somewhere like old Trafford ? You can't expect 70 odd thousand Japanese / Chinese / Malaysians and people from the home counties to join in.

Offline peter w

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
But you can't stop people doing it if they want to. It has to die a death at VP first.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
I went to West Ham with my West Ham supporting boss and he was quite offended with the no respect chant.

As has been pointed out, simply other sets of supporters don't know it's happening. My boss said he only knew about it due to me telling him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »
It just goes to show that even though we support the same team, some Villa fans are just morons.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »
You are right, no doubt, but what about "we far the best team the world has have ever seen"?

Those seeking seering wit or profound truths in football chants are likely to be disappointed.
Or just let it be. If other fans don't clap so what.

Speaking words of wisdom ...

'Like'

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 12:34:11 PM »
I agree with Kingthing.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 12:42:07 PM »
I had a great day yesterday socially. Parked at an old Schoolfriend's house, went to the pub with him and his mates us in our Villa shirts , Him and his mates in Saints shirts, to a Saints pub. We were welcomed warmly, had a great bit of friendly banter. When the 19 mins came along , the Saints fans had no idea what was going on!, when  some of them finally clicked they started clapping, only to be met with the no respect.
 Perhaps we should have joined in with their chant of Going down , Going down, Going down with a chorus of " So are we , so are we, so are we!"
If only I could offer my mates such a warm welcome at a pub so close to Villa Park!
Whilst I feel for Stan, it's fine if we want to clap at 19 mins but the expectation should be that not everyone at away grounds will realise what we are doing. The same was true at West Ham. We were close the big fat lad and his mates who always hurl abuse from the few Herberts on the left hand side, but as soon as the clapping started they where joining in from start to end, only to be met with the poor no respect garbage!

Spot on, quite a few Saints fans joined in yesterday once they realised what was going on only to be met with the 'no respect' chant from some of our lot. I had a great day out yesterday despite the team doing their best to ruin it and you really couldn't visit a more benign, friendly place than Southampton to watch the Villa away. I saw not the slightest hint of trouble if you don't count the pathetic 'little boys' gesticulating at each other when either team scored...plus one middle aged woman near me who was really socking it verbally to the Soton fans.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 03:02:00 PM »
The No Respect My Lord chant is cringeworthy. Some muppets next to me were singing it with real aggression. One of these muppets also also decided to have a punch up with a bloke in front, towards the end of the game.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 03:11:46 PM »
I saw one villa fan ejected by the stewards first half and there was a few meat heads singing abuse at the end by the coaches but the Hamps Police got a bit physical and shut the idiots up.
Other than that and the result it was an enjoyable trip.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
I had a great day yesterday socially. Parked at an old Schoolfriend's house, went to the pub with him and his mates us in our Villa shirts , Him and his mates in Saints shirts, to a Saints pub. We were welcomed warmly, had a great bit of friendly banter. When the 19 mins came along , the Saints fans had no idea what was going on!, when  some of them finally clicked they started clapping, only to be met with the no respect.
 Perhaps we should have joined in with their chant of Going down , Going down, Going down with a chorus of " So are we , so are we, so are we!"
If only I could offer my mates such a warm welcome at a pub so close to Villa Park!
Whilst I feel for Stan, it's fine if we want to clap at 19 mins but the expectation should be that not everyone at away grounds will realise what we are doing. The same was true at West Ham. We were close the big fat lad and his mates who always hurl abuse from the few Herberts on the left hand side, but as soon as the clapping started they where joining in from start to end, only to be met with the poor no respect garbage!

Take them to The Bartons.

I first noted the no respect song last season but that was sung quite rightly to a Hawthorns met with stoney silence in all parts when they knew full well what we were doing.

I cannot stand those fucking horrible stripey spunk biscuits.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »
I think it is a superb gesture to a top man and dont see any reason to stop it, maybe one fecking day we will score a goal during it lol. As for opposition fans, agree it is pathetic to have a go at them

Offline Chrisupnorth

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »
I think there's a section of fans who look at Grieferpool and think that's what all fans should be like.

I think recent events show how wide of the mark this sort of statement is.  You should be ashamed!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal