collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: David Sullivan complains about Lerner  (Read 41951 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: David Sullivan complains about Lerner
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 12:25:24 PM »
Former Birmingham City co-owner David Sullivan has hit out at football’s money culture claiming foreign owners like Aston Villa’s Randy Lerner are only in the country to make money.

The colourful Cockney with an estimated fortune of £500m and owner of 100 sex shops sold Birmingham City to Chinese businessman Carson Yeung, a deal which has since turned sour for the Midland team.

Speaking to the Daily Mail about the influx of foreign owners in the Premier League he said:” Randy Lerner is here to make money. The Americans at Man United and Liverpool are here to make money. The Sunderland guy has a strategy to make money.”

'There are good examples of foreign ownership, “ he said. “Roman Abramovich and Sheik Mansour are in it for the fun. It's a hobby.”

Sullivan owns West Ham United with David Sullivan his friend and fellow former Birmingham City director David Gold.

His blast at Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner continued with him claiming that Aston Villa treated him and his fellow directors badly and subjected them to abuse from home fans because they were the former owners of Blues.

He stated: “Aston Villa, put the visiting directors in a room with the corporate home fans. We got loads of abuse because we were the former owners of Birmingham City.

“We were treated appallingly. I nearly did it to them in retaliation but I wasn't prepared to stoop to their level.”

“At West Ham we've got the best boardroom in the Premier League. We give the visiting directors the best table, right in the middle. It's the friendliest. It's lovely.”

Yes, because Lerner was previously the owners of Millwall so would suffer loads of abuse. And as owners of Blues, shouldn't he know how Villa treat owners of other teams anyway or maybe it was just them for the appalling lack of respect from Gold and Sullivan in the past meant they weren't welcome in the boardroom.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 12:31:07 PM »
This is a quote from the original article (here)

‘Now, if the king of Saudi Arabia wants to buy West Ham we would happily step aside for the good of the club. But we wouldn’t step aside for a mystery foreign buyer whose financial resources we have no knowledge of.’

Amazing.  He must be deliberately out to talk a load of shit.  I wonder if he was drinking with Tony Adams before he did the interview that was posted recently.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:41:55 PM by not3bad »

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 12:32:12 PM »
I wanted to vent my spleen at this twat but then thought

"Just fucking go away you horrible little c***"  would suffice

Things they do to get in the paper - Slaggon Brady is the same almost every week in her scrawled article in the Sun there is almost a pathalogical mention of us - they just cannot help themselves

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »
Maybe we should have treated them how they treated our directors. That way Sullivan could have had to bring his own security team and be advised to remove all club clothing while leaving the ground.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
That article is pure comedy gold.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 12:41:15 PM »
I thought the football hospitality awards said we were the best?

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 12:44:14 PM »

Probably voted the best for bringing midgets and clowns in to keep the fans entertained after the match.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 12:44:30 PM »

That's something else that has probably pissed them off.  They upgraded their jellied eels to "Le Eels de Jellied" recently.  Still no result.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
I really don't like Sullivan he his a complete tosser.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
How does he know he was being abused because he was ex-b-lose owner?

It could just as easily have been because he made money out of reportinging rape details for titilation and the sexualisation of children.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:02:27 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
Anyone else do nothing but laugh through that article?
Hope they do it again, shove them in K4 this season please  :)

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »
Hmmmm... a Philanthropist who gives generously to charities and had a local charity as sponsors on his clubs shirt, missing out on millions of pounds, who restored the historic surroundings of his club rather than try to move it to the nearest free ride money spinner Vs a smut peddling, low life gobshite who's despised by his own supporters, never mind everybody else's. I'm sure he wants to turn our Olympic legacy into a sprawling gambling revue bar complex. You know, give something back to his adoring public.

I think that helicopter is the only way he can get back from cloud cuckoo land. I've never known somebody who's made so much money been so out of touch with reality.
And if he was mistreated by the club I'm glad, because he's not worthy of respect. After insulting General Krulak and deliberately getting his rank wrong he should have been thrown out of Villa Park on his ear.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »
Once that 'Nose poison gets into your system, there is no hope. Condemned to a life of resentful bitterness, punctuated by occasional outbursts to lessen the frustration until the cross-eyed fury returns to once again push the encumbant to the edge of insanity where the reality of their existance finally hits home and they are reduced to a quivering, Villa hating husk of a human being.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 12:57:51 PM »
This is always worth airing, from a half page advert taken out in the Birmingham Mail a few years ago:

ATTENTION ALL BIRMINGHAM CITY SUPPORTERS!

Dear Blues fans,

Over a decade ago Birmingham City was on its knees when our company Sport Newspapers stepped in. Today your club is a vibrant and successful Premiership team. And now we're asking for YOUR help. Several of the country's leading supermarkets do not sell our newspapers, The Daily Sport and The Sunday Sport. It's vital to the survival of these newspapers that we are stocked in supermarkets which now command a large slice of newspaper sales. At the moment they are refusing to sell the newspapers that helped Birmingham FC in its hour of need 12 years ago. We believe there is a real demand for these newspapers and we urge all Blues fans to ask their local Asda, Morrisson's or Sainsbury's stock The Daily Sport and The Sunday Sport every time they shop there. Each time you make that request, we want you to email us on stockthesport@sportnewspapers.co.uk so we can prove to the supermarkets that there really is a demand.

Yours in football,

David Sullivan, David Gold, Ralph Gold

PS: We bought a struggling team and took it to the Premiership AND we gave  England's World cup winning skipper, Bobby Moore, a job as sports editor when NOBODY in football would lend him a helping hand. So now we're asking all football supporters to give us a helping hand. Thank you.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 01:02:08 PM »
I saw him on 'Back to the Floor' the other night trying to sell dildo's.  And he has the cheek to say Randy's a tosser.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal