collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa match thread by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:24:28 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:24:04 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 08:08:23 PM]

Tennis 2024 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 08:02:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What are the biggest reasons for the 180 difference since the first two weeks?  (Read 16096 times)

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
West Ham- 9 times out of 10 is a nil nil, that goal shouldn't have been allowed.

Everton- Given could have done so much better on 2 of the goals.

Our season basically started in the second half vs Everton.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
We are in the early stages of how PL's idea of how we should play it will take time but I like what I'm seeing so far.

Offline Villain at Hert

I agree with all of the strategic and player specific comments – but for me, overall, we're treating the ball as our friend, something to keep close and love, not something which is on fire and something to get rid of as soon and as far as possible.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022

That occurred to me as well.  We did pretty well in the second half - plulled a goal back despite being reduced to 10 men.

Online tomd2103

That occurred to me as well.  We did pretty well in the second half - plulled a goal back despite being reduced to 10 men.

The Tranmere game was a turning point for me.  Getting that first win (no matter the opposition) was important for everyone and it gave us that little bit of confidence we needed.   

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
I think i misunderstood what Bannon was all about - i thought he was the show pony MF player that likes to spray hollywood balls about but now looking at his stats and his movement and total mileage in a game i can see how he now fits into the bigger picture and i like what i see

Him and Holman just run their collective balls off and that if nothing else on Saturday wore Swansea down and allowed us to domintate them

great to see

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
West Ham- 9 times out of 10 is a nil nil, that goal shouldn't have been allowed.

Why?

Clark headed it on, the player was clearly not offside.

Online rob_bridge

Why?

I agree unless there was some other unreported infringement which we have collectively missed.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
I think i misunderstood what Bannon was all about - i thought he was the show pony MF player that likes to spray hollywood balls about but now looking at his stats and his movement and total mileage in a game i can see how he now fits into the bigger picture and i like what i see

Him and Holman just run their collective balls off and that if nothing else on Saturday wore Swansea down and allowed us to domintate them

great to see

I was really impressed with Bannan on sat,it was a really mature performance. Just shows what good coaching can do.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024

Why?

I agree unless there was some other unreported infringement which we have collectively missed.

There wasn't, much as we wanted it to be offside, the referee got it right, unfortunately.

Offline Damo70

I think the manager has got his message across about how he wants us to play and also sent out a clear message about competition for places. If you have a poor game there is a big chance you won't start the next one, let alone be given the luxury of a run of bad games.

Offline The Left Side

They are almost a brand new team, so they are just starting to gel... we will do well and have the odd set back but we caught Everton full of confidence and the west ham game was just a bad luck as the team had injuries.

Offline danlanza

Man shitty in the cup next week is massive for us. If we can catch them on the back foot and get a result then our confidence will be skyhigh. I said this before, they will be concentrating on Champions league and defending their Prem title. I cannot see them putting anywhere near a full strength side out. If we can beat Southampton on Saturday i think we can do City in the cup. JMO.
Then the Oldbion better watch out.

Online tomd2103

Man shitty in the cup next week is massive for us. If we can catch them on the back foot and get a result then our confidence will be skyhigh. I said this before, they will be concentrating on Champions league and defending their Prem title. I cannot see them putting anywhere near a full strength side out. If we can beat Southampton on Saturday i think we can do City in the cup. JMO.

Unfortunately, their below strength team is still a team of full internationals that cost them a fortune.  It will be interesting to see how PL approaches this game and what kind of line up he goes with.  Part of me would like to see a full strength team going up there with the intention of winning the tie, but the game also presents a good opportunity to give some players much needed game time and a chance for the likes of Bennett and Westwood to make their full debuts (if they haven't already by then).   

Offline Jarpie

Unfortunately, their below strength team is still a team of full internationals that cost them a fortune.  It will be interesting to see how PL approaches this game and what kind of line up he goes with.  Part of me would like to see a full strength team going up there with the intention of winning the tie, but the game also presents a good opportunity to give some players much needed game time and a chance for the likes of Bennett and Westwood to make their full debuts (if they haven't already by then).   

Starting them against Man City would be throwing them into the too deep end, would probably put against Southampton on saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal