collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Worst awaydays past and present.  (Read 57824 times)

Offline Hoppo

Re: Worst awaydays past and present.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 09:57:30 AM »
That was a terrible morning Kingy.. We were drinking whiskey on Snappys coach at 8 in the morning.. Was that the one?

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »
Plough Lane.
FA Cup 3rd round replay 1991.
Soaked piss wet through and miserable.
Lost with a last minute Alan Cork goal.
Old Bill stopped me getting on the train.
Late home, soaked piss wet through and miserable.

Sigh. Those were the days.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 10:29:31 AM »
That was a terrible morning Kingy.. We were drinking whiskey on Snappys coach at 8 in the morning.. Was that the one?

Thats the one.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 10:39:02 AM »
Oxford away in the league cup in 1986. Terrible game, terrible team, terrible performance and a drive back to Brum through the fog being driven by a 'boy racer'.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »
Plough Lane.
FA Cup 3rd round replay 1991.
Soaked piss wet through and miserable.
Lost with a last minute Alan Cork goal.
Old Bill stopped me getting on the train.
Late home, soaked piss wet through and miserable.

Sigh. Those were the days.

Wettest i've ever been at a football match, actually just wettest i've ever been.

Watched most of extra time stood on a loo in those horrible Port-a cabins they had having to continuously wipe the steams of piss filled steam from the windows to see - still better than being outside though it was that bad.

Coventry in the 'deathtrap' days of their away terracing - at least we always won.

Stamford bridge during the open end terracing and crappy cars around the pitch days - always freezing with no cover and loads of trouble - what a shithole Club they were then.

Offline asgpaul

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
Portsmouth away in FA Cup, absolutely poured down, was drenched and had my young nephews with me who moaned constantly throughout! 

Think Simon Grayson got a late equalizer for a 2-2 final score.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 01:26:15 PM »
Oxford away in the league cup in 1986. Terrible game, terrible team, terrible performance and a drive back to Brum through the fog being driven by a 'boy racer'

we went to that game in my mate's mini - 6 of us.

Offline supertommykN'iba

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 01:32:47 PM »
Been to some grim places at grim times but don't think any can compare to Small Heath in 2002. Vile, vile night. Especially for a ten year old.

As for the present, I don't enjoy United away. You not only get the plastics, but you get the plastics running their mouths at you at every opportunity. The same every year.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 02:14:47 PM »
Selhurst.

As for now, I tend to pick away grounds that I'll enjoy visiting so tend to steer clear from places such as Stoke or Old Trafford.

I have been to a few non-league grounds lately and Kidsgrove is no picnic I have to say.

Offline RickySlade

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »
Though we won on both occasions in 08 / 09 I believe,  the walk to and from the Styfrom the car was an unnerving experience to say the least.  In particular, the first time when Gabby scored a glancing header late on, the walk from the ground was a right nause and no coppers in sight.

There is a lot of mention of the 02 game?  Was this worse than the subsequent visits to Small Heath?  The general consensus is that this night was like a war zone. 

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »
Anyone recall Huddersfield away about 1987 when it started pouring down at 255pm and didn't stop ! It was their old ground which was a bit like stepping back into the 1930's (as was Huddersfield generally)

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »
The old Wembley and Spurs are both cack I think.

In terms of trouble the FA Cup against Chelsea a few seasons ago was bad, lots of people unconscious and covered in blood.

From a personal point of view, going to Charlton via seventeen different forms of transport, only to see us lose 3-0 was quite grim. No trouble though.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 02:05:50 PM »

In terms of trouble the FA Cup against Chelsea a few seasons ago was bad, lots of people unconscious and covered in blood.

From a personal point of view, going to Charlton via seventeen different forms of transport, only to see us lose 3-0 was quite grim. No trouble though.

another Spurs vote here, it did not matter whether I was walking to the ground or having a pint I always seem to get "offered outside" or "come on Villa lets have it"when anywhere near the dump.
horrible place and horrible fans.

3-0 at Charlton was that the Scott Parker hat-trick (or he got at least two)match ?  as I was there with my now wife, she wanted to know which uniform Aston Vanilla(hee hee.... - I wasn't fucking laughing) were in and also jumped up at every Charlton goal celebrating because we were in the stand to the left from the away end as she did not want any "bother"
I pointed out that the fella in front would probably get a slap before we did as he was wearing a Fulham coat....

UTV
The Doc

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »

Chelsea Final ??

Offline Damo70

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
Anyone recall Huddersfield away about 1987 when it started pouring down at 255pm and didn't stop ! It was their old ground which was a bit like stepping back into the 1930's (as was Huddersfield generally)

Yep, as wet as I can remember being at a game and when we got back to the coach I got my programme out to find it was just a lump of paper mache. Definately one of the top 'I was there' games for me when an alcohol fuelled loyal supporter discussion breaks out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal