collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matthew Lowton  (Read 141151 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Mattew Lowton
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »
Lichaj is a reliable backup. Bennett and Lowton will be very good full backs for us.
Speaking of bennett, why hasn't he played yet?

Bennett was injured for the Newcastle game and PL must have thought Lichaj was doing well enough not to be subbed on Saturday.

See, that's what I like about Lambert. He picks players on form, not ego.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »
Seems a decent young player that still has time to improve but he's certainly made the step up look very easy. Delighted that he scored on Saturday but more pleased with his overall performance. On the OS he said that he had most of his family down for the game. I hope they'll be coming down on a regular basis if that's the impact they have on him.

Feel sorry for young Eric. He had stepped up at level and matured as a player but I'm sure he won't let us or himself down should he be called upon. The fact that he's getting first team experience now can only be a good thing for the squad strength.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »
Will be interesting to see who gets the nod at left back against Southampton.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »

Personally I would start with exactly the same team that started the last 2 games and makes changes as and when again.

I see Lowton was in the mirrors team of the week when was the last time any of our players any of those kind of lists? Although I thought Holman deserve to be in their also.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »

Personally I would start with exactly the same team that started the last 2 games and makes changes as and when again.

This

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2012, 05:00:43 PM »
Even during the shambles that was the Everton game I thought Lowton looked a really good player. Never looked fazed by the step up from League 1, don't think I saw him get pulled out of position and was clearly eager to get the ball and get forward whenever possible.

Hopefully the rest of Lambert's lower league purchases will get off to a good start when they come into the team.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
A proper footballers name is Matt Lowton.
It conjures up an image of a player wearing long shorts and ankle high football boots, dribbling a soggy leather caseball down the line infront of a crowd of eighty thousand or more.

Great name.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 06:30:06 PM »
He has certainly lived up to the "talented, young and hungry" category. He has been excellent ......

Offline mrastonvilla

Re: Matthew Lowton
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 07:04:41 PM »

I see Lowton was in the mirrors team of the week when was the last time any of our players any of those kind of lists? Although I thought Holman deserve to be in their also.

Considering some of the crap goalkeeping over the weekend I'm surprised Guzan wasn't in there as well.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 09:51:27 PM »
the one thing I really like about him is his energy. Even towards the end of the game he was getting forward yet never slow in getting back. That said, there was always someone ready to cover for him which is massive at this level if you are going to employ attacking FB's. I really am enjoying what is happening down there and also looking foward to seeing what young Bennett can do. Mind you, Lichaj put himself about too at the weekend and played very well.

Isn't it great to have solid competition at FB for the first time in ages and not have to talk about another weekend of bookings and fuck ups from Messrs Hutton and Warnock.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »
Matthew Lowton has started his Aston Villa career strongly and highlighted just how strongly with a goal of the season contender against Swansea City on Saturday.

Villa fans will always welcome a goal from defence but the main concern will be that Lowton is doing his job at the back.

Here's a quick look at his stats so far...

Matthew Lowton has made 4 starts and played 360 minutes of football. He has made 10 interceptions and won 50% of his aerial duels.

He has made 11 clearances and won 79% of his tackles so far.

He has also contributed 147 passes of which only 6 were long balls. He has shown his willingness to get into attacking positions with 9 crosses and 3 clear chances created.

From those 147 passes he has a passing accuracy of 82%.

He has had two shots, both on target and one resulting in a devastating goal from outside the area.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/09/18/aston-villa-stats-season-s-figures-so-far-show-matthew-lowton-as-a-solid-performer-97319-31857966/#ixzz26oeMYSHN

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 11:34:11 AM »
The most refreshing stat there is that out of 147 passes only 6 were long balls. Since I can remember going to watch the Villa I have constantly been frustrated by the amount of "good area" long balls that are just hopelessly pumped into the channels.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 11:40:12 AM »
Hopefully another Mark Delaney.  A player from the lower divisions who makes the step up and gives solid reliable service.

Agree with the Delaney reference, can see a lot of similarities, think he may be even better though

Well at least there are no Wimbledon* cloggers to take out his standing leg when crossing that started the injury issues.

* I think it was Wimbledon anyway.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 11:50:44 AM »
I think he has made as good a start as Kyle Walker did for us..

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »
I like this lad.

Even in the horror show of our first two games, he looked solid and didn't look out of depth at this level and has impressed in the last two as the team have.

Crossing is a bit wayward I'm sure that will improve in time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal