collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Witton Lane, P8.  (Read 3774 times)

Offline andyaston

Witton Lane, P8.
« on: September 16, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »
I have got to say that renewing my season ticket when I did, and sitting in a different area of the ground was a wise decision (it was taken last March, risky at the time). The area I got was in the Witton Lane upper P8, still cannot call it the Doug Ellis Stand.

For £295 it was a bargin, great view, good facilities and there seems some good and knowledgable people around us bar one guy seeming to seat surf after the first goal yesterday. Did anyone else take us this offer in this area of the ground?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Re: Witton Lane, P8.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »
Yes all round a great idea.There was even singing yesterday.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »
Yep I moved there.

Been good thus far

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »
Yes, it's great.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 03:45:48 PM »
Me and the old fella re-located up there from the upper north. Loving the view, the extra legroom and the banter with the away fans.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 04:05:07 PM »
Yes, but don't you Witton Laners get the sun in your eyes?
I know our bigger and better stand opposite offers some shade for you but not entirely.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
Yes, but don't you Witton Laners get the sun in your eyes?
I know our bigger and better stand opposite offers some shade for you but not entirely.

Not upstairs we dont

Offline Brummie Bob

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 04:52:34 PM »
First Time using my season ticket yesterday in P8 (I was in the family stand with my daughter and granddaughter for the Everton and Tranmere games) Excellent view, great people around me (especially Andy and Lindsay from Dublin who also moved from the Lower North like me ). Atmosphere was awesome and with the stereo effect from the Holte and Lower North making it even better. The seat surfer was in front of me and fair play to the people who I think were with him, they launched into him and told him to get a grip etc. Didn't see him in the second half so the words must have got through.
I enjoyed it so much it makes the Baggies game even more eagerly awaited.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
I had a season ticket in the Holte until 1981, when I moved to the Trinity. Thought I would miss the Trinity after over 30 years but I don't. P8 is great and getting better as each game goes by. As Bob says, the stereo effect between The Holte and the Witton Ends was brilliant. It was a superb atmosphere. The club have filled parts of the ground that were usually empty. Well done to them and well done to those who took advantage of the offers at a time when many people were talking of throwing the towel in.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 07:21:17 PM »
Yes, I wondered why it was so quiet behind me in the second half, the seat surfer must of gone home. He was a heavy lad though. Great seats and atmosphere, well made up.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »
295quid does seem cheap, especially if we keep on playing like we did on Saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal