collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton "Gets on Fine" with Paul Lambert - Wants to get back in the 1st Team  (Read 25901 times)

Offline KRS

I have no sympathy whatsoever for a shite "footballer" who earns more in a week than most of us do in a year. The man is crap, a liability and PL did well to identify then eject him from the squad...lets not start forgetting what an awful player Hutton really is.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
I don't particularly rate him but I could never fault him for effort and attitude, so will never criticise him if he gives his all.

You're right. You can see how has dedicated himself completely to the oft disrespected arts of the very late lunge, the high tackle and the "oh there goes the fucking winger in my rear view mirror, I need put my studs through his kidney's challenge". He has a spot on attitude.

Offline peter w

And maybe it can help change the leopard's spots. he can see the type of footballer lambert wants and in training he has got the chance to try and concentrate on just that, his passing. His thuggery is over-stated on the pitch. he's actually a tough tackling defender who is usually a fraction late. The useless shitbag.

But I'll wager that he'll be back in the team by November if he changes his MO on the pitch. There is a player there. He was good at Rangers and at times good at Tottenham. The system at Villa should be ideal for him as we didn't see him get forward as much as he would have liked I'll guess. Maybe his strength is his attacking.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
People forget we have only seen him under mcleish and nobody last season covered themselves in glory.

I was making this point during the summer and saying I'd be OK with giving him another chance under a better manager.  The fact Lambert didn't see it that way isn't exactly a problem for me though.

There's a lot of comments on here about his ability, but for me the statement says more about his character.  Similar to TSM himself, we can think he's a decent bloke without that meaning we rate him professionally.

Offline RunRickyRun

I think his worst performance was in the 3-2 win against Wolves. I don't think he stopped one cross coming in that day.

Offline eastie

Hutton has a lot to do to get back in the side but if he gets a chance through injury at some stage it will be down to him to deliver- warnock had chances in pre season and his displays fully justified in his being dropped from the squad.

Offline achilles

he says he wants to play football, but he will still want his 30k a week more than playing football, if someone came in for him with less wages he wouldnt move, just stay for the next 3 years and do sweet FA.

i know thats his choice and thats what the contracts are for, but this situation with players like Hutton just shows you what a mess the whole of the football economy is, not the players fault he will take whats given, but the administrators have turned the game of football into the bigest bullshit, financial incompetant sport in the world

Totally agree, sad reflection!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
he says he wants to play football, but he will still want his 30k a week more than playing football, if someone came in for him with less wages he wouldnt move, just stay for the next 3 years and do sweet FA.
Man paid to do job considers his salary the main reason for doing the job?

What a rotter.

Offline achilles

So presumably, being somewhat senior in your profession,  you were told that you had to go and work with the apprentices doing menial tasks you would find that satisfactory and rewarding? 

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024

So presumably, being somewhat senior in your profession,  you were told that you had to go and work with the apprentices doing menial tasks you would find that satisfactory and rewarding? 
No, but I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

In your above example, you would be criticizing me for continuing to draw my salary even though my employer had treated me fairly shabbily.

Offline spangley1812

If Mr Hutton is unhappy then he has to force the issue request a transfer and get his agent to find him a new club but he wont do that I suspect as he would lose money and he wont find another club willing to pay him £30,000 pw

Offline achilles

No, but I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

In your above example, you would be criticizing me for continuing to draw my salary even though my employer had treated me fairly shabbily.

Basically I am talking about self-esteem.
No, of course you would still draw your wages but in the meantime I would certainly be looking to get out and would hopefully have achieved that objective especially before any deadline! Although that is always subjective to the proviso that anybody actually wants you or more to the point that anybody is willing to pay you anything like what you want as you definitely won't get what you currently earn!
The bottom line is: what is Hutton prepared to sacrifice to play regular football and it appears that it is very little!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
He's at it again should have been sent of for a two footed tackle in the Scotland v Serbia game he will never learn.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Born in the wrong time.

He would have been a much better performer in the 1960s rather than this namby pamby era when the games become virtually a non contact sport.

Then again in the 1960s even George Best wasn't on the equivalent of £30k p/week.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024

What a rotter.

I don't rate Hutton but I certainly don't begrudge him being paid the contract he signed. If we o longer find value in his services then we should do as we need to, but he should still get paid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal