collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton "Gets on Fine" with Paul Lambert - Wants to get back in the 1st Team  (Read 25843 times)

Offline Surrey Villain

Fine?

I used to run to the hills when the ex said she was 'fine'.....
When the missus says does my bum look big in this? I say: "No, it looks fine"...

That must be the ultimate definition of 'fine'!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
he says he wants to play football, but he will still want his 30k a week more than playing football, if someone came in for him with less wages he wouldnt move, just stay for the next 3 years and do sweet FA.

i know thats his choice and thats what the contracts are for, but this situation with players like Hutton just shows you what a mess the whole of the football economy is, not the players fault he will take whats given, but the administrators have turned the game of football into the bigest bullshit, financial incompetant sport in the world

Sometimes people forget it's been going on for quite a few years as well, rather than just the last few years. Hearing Gregory still pining over Izzet reminded me that a decade ago Izzet was on 25-30K a week. The way players wages have inflated since then I reckon that would be the equivalent of the region of 50-60K a week. For Muzzy Izzet.

Offline Pat McMahon

I don't particularly rate him but I could never fault him for effort and attitude, so will never criticise him if he gives his all.

I prefer a modest trier to a lazy prima donna. It would be nice to ship him out, get a fee and save on his wages, of course.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Finances? Fuck all to do with it, Were still paying him aint we? Yet it's about money?

Says more about how shit scotland are because he's still playing

Offline Boz

he says he wants to play football, but he will still want his 30k a week more than playing football, if someone came in for him with less wages he wouldnt move, just stay for the next 3 years and do sweet FA.

i know thats his choice and thats what the contracts are for, but this situation with players like Hutton just shows you what a mess the whole of the football economy is, not the players fault he will take whats given, but the administrators have turned the game of football into the bigest bullshit, financial incompetant sport in the world

Sometimes people forget it's been going on for quite a few years as well, rather than just the last few years. Hearing Gregory still pining over Izzet reminded me that a decade ago Izzet was on 25-30K a week. The way players wages have inflated since then I reckon that would be the equivalent of the region of 50-60K a week. For Muzzy Izzet.

Football is a results driven business these days, so why aren't footballers paid on results rather than a fixed weekly wage? They should be on a basic amount, might be £5,000 a week with additional payment for being on the bench, a decent bonus for a win and lesser bonus  for a draw, with extra payments based on the team's league position. It might motivate some of the idle sods.

Paying some of the dead legs in the Premiership like Hutton a fixed wage of £30,000 to not even be playing, it's no wonder clubs are in financial trouble.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Some of his performances (Albion at home, QPR away, and Arsenal home spring to mind) were dreadful examples of thuggery, stupidity and incompetence to varying degrees.  But at other times he looked like he could play a bit, especially going forward.  It would be easy for him to say sod it and do a Beye, so I think it says a lot for him that he wants to get back in favour.  Lambert might just be able to make some use of him as one of his attacking full backs if we get an injury crisis or a few suspensions.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
He actually looked good in the Arsenal home game and then ruined it all by being easily manipulated by Van Persie, lost his head and got sent off.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
I don't particularly rate him but I could never fault him for effort and attitude, so will never criticise him if he gives his all.

I prefer a modest trier to a lazy prima donna. It would be nice to ship him out, get a fee and save on his wages, of course.
This was very much my thought when I read this ... perhaps he will 'up' his game and we might see some glimpse of the £9m man.

Optimistic, I know!

Online eric woolban woolban

Alan Hutton: 'Set on fire' by Paul Lambert...

Offline DrGonzo

If it was a wages issue surely we'd be playing him to get value for money?

So he's thick as well as crap at football.

I think we'll get more value by not letting him anywhere near our match day squad, we struggle with 11 men on the pitch.

Offline mattjpa

Im not about to kick a man when he's down. I think there is a player in there somewhere and saw glimpses of it. Maybe some time out of the spotlight and a gradual reintroduction into a team doing well will allow us to see a decent player that may well have a future. People forget we have only seen him under mcleish and nobody last season covered themselves in glory. If it is indeed a wages issue well that's not bloody Alan huttons fault is it? I'd take it if offered as well.  I suppose it's easier to criticise from behind a keyboard though....

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
He's not rubbished the club or whinged about the way he's been treated as others often do so fair play to him on that. He has a squad number so may be needed at some point.

Amidst the dire performances, he did have some good moments. One thing I will say - he can bomb forward and overlap in much the way Lambert wants his full backs to play, so his time may come.

He could of course be here for another 3 years.

Offline DrGonzo

Fuck that, every time Hutton played last season he was launching into 2 footed tackles or handling the ball in the area, that has nothing to do with wages but a lot to do with us not losing games.

Offline Vancouver

I would add that I don't believe that he on £30,000 a week. I think it's much higher. £8m transfer to Spurs, would surely mean something in the 70-80 range to me. Then he wouldn't leave them for less than half the wage.

That's why PL wants him of the wage bill. 30 a week you could justify. And he says that there is nothing wrong, just wanted off the wage bill

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
I think it's believable that he's on 30k a week. Spurs are quite sensible with their wages and they wouldn't have had to give him the earth to get him to come from Rangers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal