collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton "Gets on Fine" with Paul Lambert - Wants to get back in the 1st Team  (Read 25844 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Link

ALAN Hutton insists he “gets on fine” with Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert and claims his first team exile is about finances rather than football.

Hutton has not been selected for a matchday squad since Lambert’s first friendly in charge and has been forced to train with the kids.

But the unwanted right-back reckons the reason he has been axed from the senior squad is because Lambert wants him off the wagebill.

Hutton is just 12 months into the four-year contract he signed last summer and is believed to be earning more than £30,000 per week.

The Scottish international, who hopes to play in tonight’s World Cup qualifier against Serbia, is frustrated at being frozen out by Villa.

And after failing to secure a move during the summer transfer window, he is determined to convince Lambert that he deserves another chance.

“At the time I was told it was nothing to do with my ability,” said Hutton. “It was all about the other aspect of it.

“If that’s the case I don’t see why I won’t be considered for the team. I’m still on the books, so there’s no reason to leave me out altogether.

“Myself and the new manager get on fine, there is no problem between us whatsoever. I’ve actually had really good conversations with him since he’s taken over.

“Hopefully, now the window is closed and no more deals can be done, I’ll push my way back in.

“It’s frustrating, of course it is.

“As a footballer it’s probably the worst situation to be in, sitting not getting the chance to play.

“It’s hard to take, but the only thing I can do is keep working hard and show him if needed I’m ready.

“It’s all about not giving up and doing all I can to get back in the fold at Villa.”

Villa and Hutton’s agent actively tried to find the former Tottenham defender a new club in the summer when Lambert made it clear he was not in his plans at Villa.

During the transfer window there was speculation in the Scottish press linking Hutton with a return to Rangers, but he insists there was no truth in the rumours.

In fact, the 27-year-old full-back is relieved that deadline has past after admitting there was no “concrete” interest and the uncertainty was unsettling.

“It was funny, all my mates and uncles were texting me, asking me if it was true,” he added.

“I think it was one of those rumours that flies around at that time of the year.

“People maybe saw I wasn’t playing at Villa, put two and two together and word spread that I was on my way back to Rangers.

“But as far as I know there was absolutely nothing in that at all.

“To be honest, I’m glad the window’s closed because the whole transfer deadline day thing winds me up a bit.

“It’s all ifs and buts. It’s all about what could happen if one player goes here and another goes there.

“I only really like to know from my agent when things are further on and more definite than that.

“If there’s nothing concrete I’m not really interested — and there was nothing concrete.

“There was loads of speculation, but I try not to get involved in any of that.”

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Hopefully he gets loaned out to the Noses as it suits all parties: he's shit, we don't want him and they like a thug.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
But the unwanted right-back reckons the reason he has been axed from the senior squad is because Lambert wants him off the wagebill.
Nope.
It's because you're shit, you useless Wetherspoons turd.

Wages wouldn't come into it if he did a decent job.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
Nope.

I'm sorry, I just laughed immoderately at that.

Offline N'ZMAV

How on earth did he manage to get a £9mil move to Spurs? Fucking Hell.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
£30,000 per week? Jesus wept.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
We don't play you because your are shit.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
If it was a wages issue surely we'd be playing him to get value for money?

So he's thick as well as crap at football.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
I'll say this, fair fucks to him for not being a titty-baby about it.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024

Indeed.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Fine?

I used to run to the hills when the ex said she was 'fine'.....

Offline Surrey Villain

Nope.

Wages wouldn't come into it if he did a decent job.

What has Wetherspoons done to be bracketed with Hutton?

Online KRS

Well he cant exactly complain considering he's getting paid £30k+/week wages for doing absolutely fuck all other than training with the youth team.

Offline N'ZMAV

Fine?

I used to run to the hills when the ex said she was 'fine'.....
When the missus says does my bum look big in this? I say: "No, it looks fine"...

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
he says he wants to play football, but he will still want his 30k a week more than playing football, if someone came in for him with less wages he wouldnt move, just stay for the next 3 years and do sweet FA.

i know thats his choice and thats what the contracts are for, but this situation with players like Hutton just shows you what a mess the whole of the football economy is, not the players fault he will take whats given, but the administrators have turned the game of football into the bigest bullshit, financial incompetant sport in the world

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal