collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Richard Dunne  (Read 120269 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Richard Dunne
« Reply #540 on: June 07, 2013, 04:00:45 PM »
He made 114 appearances and cost £6m, I consider that to be bad business on the whole.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #541 on: June 07, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
With the caveat that at the time he came to Villa, Lescott was sold to Citeh for £24m, and Lescott was not worth 4 Richard Dunne's.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #542 on: June 07, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »
We don't know what was going on behind the scenes and I think there's something very telling about a player having to go for surgery so many times in a year. If people want to believe he was taking the piss that's their choice but I'm standing by my original claim that Dunne has been the 'villain' of the squad for a long time.

When we bought him he was a top Premier League defender playing for Moneybags FC. Back then, such players came with such wages. What would any of you done differently if you spend your last season injured? Volunteered half your salary? I can understand Dunne not being everybody's favourite. What I have found harder to understand is the hatred for him. It's not as though many of our squad from 2009/10 covered themselves in glory under GH or TSM yet Dunne has been the focus of the anger.
It just seems very coincidental that he gets to the end of the P'ship season and is suddenly available for the RoI squad.
Rumours abound about players with 'mystery' illnesses / injuries (Dalian Atkinson, Wilshere are two examples that spring to mind), and the reason that eventually outs is often something other than an illness or injury ...

... just sayin', like.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #543 on: June 07, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »
I don't give a flying toss about Dunne anymore, he's gone and wont be coming back

'we go again' is the Villa mantra, and we are going without Dunne, so who he plays for now I don't give a shit,
 a couple or three more to clear out and Lambert will have swept the deck clean of big earn little play type toss baskets

Offline supertom

« Reply #544 on: June 07, 2013, 06:54:59 PM »
I don't give a flying toss about Dunne anymore, he's gone and wont be coming back

'we go again' is the Villa mantra, and we are going without Dunne, so who he plays for now I don't give a shit,
 a couple or three more to clear out and Lambert will have swept the deck clean of big earn little play type toss baskets
This.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #545 on: June 07, 2013, 07:02:30 PM »
I think his card was marked when he came back from the off season carrying all that excess timber

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #546 on: June 07, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »
Well I'm glad he's gone. Wished he'd gone a year or two sooner and we got a decent replacement then. Revisionism aside we got a good season out of him. Thereafter he was crap. Thanks for 2009/10 Richard. Good luck with the future. That's the nicest I can be about him.

I really doubt there's anything sinister behind his lack of appearances last season. He's not getting any younger (as his form in the two previous seasons told us) and I suspect a niggling injury could have kept him out. Considering the caliber of the Irish national side I think a fully fit Richard Dunne would be starting games so I think there's still problems for him there.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #547 on: June 07, 2013, 07:12:55 PM »

It will be on our club badge soon!!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #548 on: June 07, 2013, 07:21:45 PM »

I endorse this message

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal