collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where is acceptable to finish?  (Read 14406 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: Where is acceptable to finish?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 06:20:49 PM »
Above the three below us will be fine :)

I will be happy (ish) with 12th - 15th, as long as we start winning at home.

Offline KRS

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »
I've gone for 12th-15th but realistically I dont care as long as we're not relegated.

We are well and truly in transition so this season is all about our new young squad and manager getting to know each other. We'll be trying to do things the right way on the pitch but we'll be on the end of some bad results along the way...its very much a learning curve for all involved. Its certainly a project that needs time so lets just hope that PL can pick up enough points sooner rather than later.

Offline nigel

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »
For PL's first season, avoiding relegation and showing continued improvement throughout the season.

Next season - top half

After that - competing for a European place

Yes, I'd go with that too.
Probably not this season but the 2 seasons after I can see us lifting a couple of trophies.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 07:27:40 PM »
For PL's first season, avoiding relegation and showing continued improvement throughout the season.

Next season - top half

After that - competing for a European place

This.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
Staying up is everyone's realistic ambition this season.The squad is very young and inexperienced so I will be happy with that.
The approach by Lambert is like strong medicine, tough to swallow if it's taken but ultimately it will do us all good
Keep behind the team while we are doing this ! If you sit by some of the moaning bastards like the twat who sat behind us against Everton tell them to shut the fuck up and support the lads  UTV.

Offline jeowje

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
Deeply worried after the first two games- we looked like a championship team all the way in both. Let's hope the new signings can shake things up a bit. For me, at this moment in time, survival would do. You've just got to hope that Lambert is all we hoped for, and that he does have an eye for a player, beacuse the investment just isn't going to be there anymore.

Offline levico

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »
Deeply worried after the first two games- we looked like a championship team all the way in both. Let's hope the new signings can shake things up a bit. For me, at this moment in time, survival would do. You've just got to hope that Lambert is all we hoped for, and that he does have an eye for a player, beacuse the investment just isn't going to be there anymore.

I agree. I worry that we are like Virgin Trains. Good balance sheet but just lost a big contract and heading for trouble. That's us if PL can't get this average Championship team to over perform every week.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
12th-15th As long as we are improving and the team is moving forwards then that will be ok.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »
I'm not expecting much this season as long as we stay up i'll be happy.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »
As long as we stay up, that's all that matters. Unacceptable that it's come to this but that's the reality we're in thanks to Lerner's ridiculous transfer policy.

Offline LamBeast

• GM : Apr, 2013
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
He bought into something he did not understand.Obviously.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »
12th would suit me

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »
Comfortable safety would be an excellent seasons work in my opinion, a nice run in the FA Cup as well please! With the youngsters we've got I wouldn't want to be sitting around the bottom few places come January and then have to go out and buy experienced players to dig us out of the shit. It would be good if Lambert could continue to build in January with more young players.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2012, 10:29:31 PM »
I think it will be a very long hard season, we have no leaders in the team at all and no new signings with EPL experience. You can't take a team that very nearly got relegated, simply change the manager and expect a top half finish! Despite the purring over Everton's performance last week I believe we made them look better than they are, and if this is happening against the likes of Everton I fear for us against the elite.

I'm glad TSM has gone and I like Paul Lambert, but I don't see us improving our points tally massively, where I do expect to see an improvement is no longer rolling over and surrendering games. As stated in this months H&V I can accept losing games, but I cannot accept surrendering games.

(Oh, and we still employ Alan Hutton).

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
12th to 15th with anything above that being a bonus.  We're still short on quality and I don't think they'll be any whipping boys in the division either this year.

It's our approach to games that i'm hoping will make the difference and PL settling into the job with this squad.  I still think it'll be a long season though.

I've pretty much given up on the FA Cup these days.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal