collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 39921 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Away Games
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
I really wish we could play ourselves sometime, I bet Villa Park's quite a nice away day out.

Offline ChrissyPrice

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 10:22:30 PM »
Reading for a generally harmless "new football" experience with a decent view.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »
Barnsley away - Oakwell.  Two things about this are legendary.  1.  The Oakwell Clapping Song and 2. You can watch shit overweight 'Saturday league' players playing in football matches in the park next to the ground from the away end and then give them dogs abuse when they miss a sitter.   Granted this does not allow you or your kids to see a Premier League game but I thought I'd mention it.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »
I really wish we could play ourselves sometime, I bet Villa Park's quite a nice away day out.
Careful that comment has lot of interpretable connotations!

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 12:08:11 AM »
The Emirates is decent.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 02:11:54 AM »
Fulham and West Ham were my favourites, as an exiled midlander living in S.E. London. Charlton was great too when they were in the top flight. Fulham's just a nice day out, some great pubs, nice walk to the ground and Craven Cottage is a very pleasant stadium to watch football in. Villa always usually sell out their allocation too which makes for a decent atmosphere in the away end.

West Ham was just very easy to get to from where i lived so could get on the piss in Greenwich or Docklands before the game and be there in plenty of time for k.o. Always a tasty atmosphere during the match though relatively safe since the late 90's and a reall buzz getting away from the zone in one piece afterwards. I watched the West Ham game on TV a few weks ago and it looks like there has been some re-development at Upton Park from what I could see? did anyone go who could confirm this?

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 07:29:46 AM »
I'm introducing the young un to more away games this season. We're doing Southampton, Fulham, Man u,Sunderland and West Brazil Albion.  A nice blend of distance, disappointment and the high of a win or so hopefully.

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »
West Brazil Albion will be a great away day out

Offline Newquay_AVFC

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 04:11:09 PM »
Yep another vote for Fulham. Got my train tickets and match tickets already. Just looking for bargin hotel now. The pubs are all pretty good and as others have said the walk along the Thames through the park is nice too.

Offline butty bach

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 04:34:53 PM »
sunderland is usually a good one for me,few good pubs around the roker seafront,better if you can make a weekend of it,roker hotel really good when i stayed there and the locals real friendly.

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2012, 11:17:27 PM »
Yep another vote for Fulham. Got my train tickets and match tickets already. Just looking for bargin hotel now. The pubs are all pretty good and as others have said the walk along the Thames through the park is nice too.

Good luck with that. Although you can stay where you want really and get the tube there

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
Wigan a safe place to go too but no pub nearby.

Are you joking?

Wigan has one of the best selection of pubs of any away ground I have been to.

If you travel by train, as soon as you leave the station there are pubs to suit everyone, and its just a 20 minute walk down to the ground along the canal.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »
The Baseball Ground on the football special is worth a punt if you can cope with the fear of impending doom throughout the day. From potential train derailment due to the antics of fellow travellers to the possibility of the away stand collapsing, with somewhat unfriendly policing thrown in it really was fun.  On the plus side, we'd often win there.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »

We booked the excelsior hotel at £79 per room on the Saturday night but theres only 3 rooms left as of last night so get in quick

Fulhams a good day out, always take a load there, decent ticket prices in the neutral end, got it all sorted last night just need to get train tickets
Vote for Olbeyun away, good atmosphere inside the ground and as long as you stay away from certain area's theres no trouble at all. Reading is one I'm looking forward to this year

Offline JingleJangle

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »
Only ever did Cov away before they moved to the Ricoh and Chelski away!

Meant to be doing a few this year!

Id like to do Man Utd away and City. But definately doing fulham afters eeing how much people enjoy it

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal