collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Team to Face Swansea at Home  (Read 26572 times)

Offline Jim Shoes

Re: Team to Face Swansea at Home
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 08:55:18 AM »
Baker in for Dunne as he hasn't played badly at all. Use Dunne for cover.

Delph is still a good player so I wouldn't give up on him yet, he just needs games. I thought he was our best player away to WH although that's not saying much.

Guzan over Given has to happen. Not sure what has happened to Shay but he is a shadow of the keeper he once was.

Drop N'Zogbia completely from the squad, he either puts up and works out what he is supposed to be doing for the team or he should leave.

That's my 10c worth but as I haven't seen any of the new players play I don't have a clue how the man who's job it is to pick the team will go with after all that's the only persons choice that means anything.

Offline Fernando Partridge

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »
Assuming some signings were too late for Newcastle.

Guzan (I hope)
Lowton
Bennett
Vlaar
Dunne
El Ahmadi
Westwood
Ireland
Nzogbia
Benteke
Bent

Subs Holman, Bowery, Bannan, Gabby, Given, Baker, Johnson

So are the friday 'deadline' deals not allowed for newcastle match?
Remember we play on Sunday this weekend over 24hrs before though maybe a player has to register by friday?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 09:52:46 AM »
Get N'Zogbia out of there, Holman in the squad ahead of him for starters.
Yes. N'Zogbia makes my blood boil during the match. I really do want to go and shake  him sometimes!

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »

So are the friday 'deadline' deals not allowed for newcastle match?
Remember we play on Sunday this weekend over 24hrs before though maybe a player has to register by friday?
Only players registered before 12.00  mid day on Friday can play this weekend regardless  of games being on Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »
Still hopeful that N'Zogbia can pull it back from the abyss, doesn't look good though.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 10:01:37 AM »
I think the Newcastle game will be interesting as there will be players sitting in the stand that those on the pitch know are gunning for their spot.  For instance, Delph/Westwood where one know that if he doesn't have a good game the other will have his shirt against Swansea.  A similar thing with Baker (who should be CB with Clark suspended) and Dunne nearing fitness.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 10:06:27 AM »
We need Dunne back in the team ASAP. If nothing else he'll help Vlaar settle in a lot quicker.Without his return last season I think we'd have gone down. With a largely inexperienced squad, Dunne is one of our most important players for this season.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 10:22:41 AM »
I think Dunne is there for experienced cover and will only play if Clark or Baker don't perform as we hope.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 10:22:48 AM »
I think:

Given
Lowton
Bennett
Vlaar
Dunne
KEA
Westwood
Ireland
Gabby
Benteke
Bent

Subs: Guzan, Baker, Lichaj, Delph, N'Zog, Holman, Bowery

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 10:24:44 AM »
I think Dunne is there for experienced cover and will only play if Clark or Baker don't perform as we hope.

When fit i think he'll be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »
Given (although I'd like Guzan to get a go soon)

Lowton
Concrete Ron
Baker
Bennett

KEA
Delph/Westwood
Ireland
Holman

Bent
Benteke

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 10:25:48 AM »

I guess it's a 'wait and see' on that one.  Clark has been poor so far, but if Baker does well at Newcastle I'd hope and expect him to keep the shirt.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »

I guess it's a 'wait and see' on that one.  Clark has been poor so far, but if Baker does well at Newcastle I'd hope and expect him to keep the shirt.

Of the two I think Clark will be the one who achieves the most in his career, but as you say he hasn't started the season well. Personally i'd rather see him playing as midfield anchor man before eventually moving to centre half.Baker, i'm still not totally convinced by but i'm a big believer in playing for the shirt.No greater incentive for a palyer than knowing that a good performance keeps your place and if he does and keeps Dunne and Clark on the bench it can only be healthy for his confidence.

Offline Concrete John

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 10:35:01 AM »

Of the two I think Clark will be the one who achieves the most in his career, but as you say he hasn't started the season well. Personally i'd rather see him playing as midfield anchor man before eventually moving to centre half.Baker, i'm still not totally convinced by but i'm a big believer in playing for the shirt.No greater incentive for a palyer than knowing that a good performance keeps your place and if he does and keeps Dunne and Clark on the bench it can only be healthy for his confidence.

Agree with you in parts, but I don't like Clark playing in midfield personally!

For me, a defender, particularly a CB, needs to defend first and formost.  If they are good on the ball and can add to attacks then great, but that's the icing on the cake and not their basic job in the team.  I thing Baker has done well when played at CB and looks a better natural defender than Clark, with Clark being the better natural footballer.  So, Clark needs to start getting the basics right and if he doesn't and/or can't, the he'll never fulfill his undoubted potential.   

Offline Arsey

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 10:56:15 AM »
throwing Westwood straight into central midfield would be very risky; personally I would put Clark in as a holding midfielder.  Our midfield is far too lightweight we were completely over powered against West Ham and Everton.

In fairness to Bananaman he was supposed to have been very good against Tranmere

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal