collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Team to Face Swansea at Home  (Read 26602 times)

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Team to Face Swansea at Home
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »
Swansea will want to keep possession as will Villa, could be an intriguing battle

Hopefully Swansea V Villa will be as good a spectacle this year as Stoke V Villa was bad last.

I sure hope so as it's my one trip over to VP for the season.
I hope you enjoy it ger and you can go home to Ireland happy.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2012, 08:42:57 PM »
Swansea will want to keep possession as will Villa, could be an intriguing battle

Hopefully Swansea V Villa will be as good a spectacle this year as Stoke V Villa was bad last.

I hope you enjoy it ger and you can go home to Ireland happy.

Cheers Ian.
Fingers crossed.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2012, 08:58:54 PM »
                                                Guzan

Lowton                  Vlaar                           Clarke              Lichaj ( Is Bennett fit? )

El Ahmadi

Holman                                                    Delph

Ireland

Agbonlahor                        Bent

Subs.

Given
Baker
Herd
Bannan
N'Zogbia
Weimann
Benteke

Was actually quite pleasing to be stuck for choice on who to start and then pick subs.  Don't know anything about Bowery or Westwood so couldn't pick them yet but I plumped for Guzan as he had a stormer against the Toon, Delph for a good game and goal against Tranmere and Gab as I believe he looks fit and fast and I liked the way Lambert put an arm around his shoulder when coming on against Newcastle and telling him to fucking rip them up, you're the best player in the world ( well thats what I like to think he said).

Offline Tucson Villain

• GM : 21.01.2022
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »

Can't be worse than the home game against Swansea last year, that was my only game of the season.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »
Whilst we are still buzzing from the excellent performance against Newcastle. Lambert will be taking a good look at the new signings and working out strategy`s what will suit playing against Swansea. Think the only nailed on starters will be Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, KEA, Ireland, Holman and Bent. The other positions will be assesed after what he has seen in training leading up to the game. Everyone will know they have got to perform on the pitch and in training to be in Lamberts mind. Genuinely feel like we are going places ......

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
I think you have a point there, WW, didn't Lambert make 5 changes for the Newcastle game? One thing is for certain, we certainly have competition for places and it'll be interesting to see which of our younger players step up to the challenge.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »
But how many aren't training till next Thursday due to international duty?  He will have difficulty blending them on the training pitch if most aren't there.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »
But how many aren't training till next Thursday due to international duty?  He will have difficulty blending them on the training pitch if most aren't there.

Good point. But the nailed on players i mentioned have now perfomed at a level Lambert will be happy with. So the other four places to start with will more than likely be from the players who he has seen play. But Lambert will go by attitude and body language on the couple of days he has with the "later" players who attend training. Its all becoming interesting again after the nightmare of last season ......

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2012, 10:26:28 PM »
I think you have a point there, WW, didn't Lambert make 5 changes for the Newcastle game? One thing is for certain, we certainly have competition for places and it'll be interesting to see which of our younger players step up to the challenge.

Yes he did make Five changes. Thats what makes me think he asseses players as the training week goes on. And makes decisions based on various criteria. Attitude, effort, body language and hunger ......

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2012, 10:27:35 PM »
On another note, God, VillaTalk is depressing...

Agree.  It's part of the reason why I decided to join H&V.
H&V - the Rogers and Hammerstein, Lerner and Loewe of websites, and who needs more, eh?

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2012, 01:16:13 AM »
Whilst we are still buzzing from the excellent performance against Newcastle. Lambert will be taking a good look at the new signings and working out strategy`s what will suit playing against Swansea. Think the only nailed on starters will be Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, KEA, Ireland, Holman and Bent. The other positions will be assesed after what he has seen in training leading up to the game. Everyone will know they have got to perform on the pitch and in training to be in Lamberts mind Genuinely feel like we are going places ......

This

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2012, 04:42:40 AM »
It's hard not to think it, hey bilsim? It feels similar to when oneill breezed into town. Except the difference now is that there seems to be a basis in what you might almost call scientific method, as opposed to o'neill's charismatic madness. I'm really looking forward to the Swansea match, it could be a cracker. At the very least it's unlikely to be a hoof-fest, which is something.

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2012, 07:18:52 PM »
Why on earth anyone would change the team that played at Newcastle is beyond me.

New signings or not - if a team performs like Villa did at Newcastle - the others have got to do something extra special to dislodge them.  However Lambert has shown he is flexible in selection and formation given the task in hand.  Against Swansea - the battle will be about controlling midfield - something we did at St James - reducing the much vaunted Pardew midfield to long balls and wonder strikes.  More of the same and I'll be a happy man - as long as we can finish some of the chances we create.

In Lambert I trust.

Give us a song Louzie0!

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2012, 10:09:54 AM »
So this was the line up on Saturday think I was off the mark - who got closest?

Guzan
04 Vlaar
06 Clark Booked
30 Lichaj Booked
34 Lowton Booked
07 Ireland (Westwood - 70' )
08 El Ahmadi
25 Bannan
09 Bent
14 Holman (N'Zogbia - 79' )
26 Weimann (Benteke - 71' )

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2012, 04:20:32 PM »
7 out of 11 for me. Erroneously put in Dunne, Bennett, Westwood and Gabby.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal