collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Its gonna take time boys!  (Read 6952 times)

Offline willywombat

Re: Its gonna take time boys!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 11:27:37 PM »
This a complete and utter load of Bollocks!!! This style of Football is nothing new! Liverpool are famed for playing, short passing, strong defensive, possession keeping football during the '80's and what about the "Total Football" that the like of Johan Cruyff was playing for the Dutch during the '70's. Oh and of course lets not forget the Brazilians!!

Or, a little closer to home, Brian Little's team of the mid 90's for that matter

Offline rutski

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 08:46:24 AM »
This a complete and utter load of Bollocks!!! This style of Football is nothing new! Liverpool are famed for playing, short passing, strong defensive, possession keeping football during the '80's and what about the "Total Football" that the like of Johan Cruyff was playing for the Dutch during the '70's. Oh and of course lets not forget the Brazilians!!

How long has O'Neill been at Sunderland? Not that long and his side have almost seen an immediate turn around of results (Just as we did when he came to us) and they look a force to be reckoned with this season, especially with such signings like Andy Johnson etc..

I was extremely happy with the capture of Paul Lambert and believe he will bring success to Aston Villa, but the board clearly need to invest more money in experienced players, as well as blooding new young and hungry ones.

G.

VILLA 'TIL I DIE!!
this type of football hasnt been seen by any villa team for a long time and maybe not ever, not even littles team imo wombat, but i believe it is the way to go. i dont also think that experienced pros signing is the way either, with younger hungrier TALENTED professionals signing, lambert can mould them into footballers in his image and not immediately have to break down their inbred ideas on football that they have known for years

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 01:31:04 PM »
I doubt that would make great reading for Sunderland fans.  O'Neill's brand of football is effective enough to make his club among the best of a bunch of other clubs with outdated tactics and/or less money to spend.  But it's also why 6th place appeared to be his glass ceiling, and why he usually came a cropper against European opposition.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 12:03:06 PM »
This article supports Lamberts policy of buying lots of players rather than a few good/experienced players.
One of his challenges is to change the culture of the club, so signing players from Holland, Crewe and even Boro makes sense as they’ll will come with a different football education.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 10:50:38 PM »
I doubt that would make great reading for Sunderland fans.  O'Neill's brand of football is effective enough to make his club among the best of a bunch of other clubs with outdated tactics and/or less money to spend.  But it's also why 6th place appeared to be his glass ceiling, and why he usually came a cropper against European opposition.

What I wouldn't give to be still hitting that glass ceiling.

Offline rutski

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 07:52:28 PM »
The desire was there to see today, the passing of the ball was very encouraging. Lowton was superb for me, being a very good out and also helping with his defensive duties. KEA and Bannan complimented each other and looks a very exciting combination.
Lets keep the ball on the floor and keep on playing good football villa!

Online The Left Side

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 08:21:42 PM »
Just watched the game and they looked so much better, this result will be great for the confidence

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal