collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov banner banned from Villa park  (Read 26761 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Petrov banner banned from Villa park
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
Blocking another supporters view, even if just for a minute, is wrong. Therefore, I think that the club are spot on with this ban.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 02:16:16 PM »
I'm probably going to be ripped to pieces for this but do we really need to do the 19th minute applause this season? I totally understood it last season and Petrov knows were all fully behind him, continuing to do it is all abit Liverpool.
I think you have a point

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »
Why didn't the makers of the banner go horizontal instead of vertical?  If they had there wouldn't have been any problem. There would have been the same message just as bold which wouldn't have obscured anyone's view.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
there is a need for it, it's to show support for Stan. people need to remember it's a football ground not a cinema or library.
Firstly, it wasn't me who said there was no need. Secondly, you could have easily done this without impacting on other people's enjoyment of the game, or indeed, their ability to be seen to be taking part in the minute's applause.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 02:19:17 PM »
If it's just for a minute and shouldn't be a problem for anyone, then why not make a new one that just blocks your own view and not anyone else's?

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
Why didn't the makers of the banner go horizontal instead of vertical?  If they had there wouldn't have been any problem. There would have been the same message just as bold which wouldn't have obscured anyone's view.

The banner was made in a rush for the game following the announcement, nobody then knew about 19th minute applause and the fact that it would still be going now, in hindsight you are right.

The group dont have flags flying etc during a game this is the only banner that has been aired during a match the thinking being that it's subject was so important and close to all Villa fans hearts.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 02:20:55 PM »
So, if at the Swansea game the giant Villa flag is surfed across the Lower Holte thus blocking my view as the players come out and myself and eight mates complain after the match we'll be able to get that banned?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
nobody is saying that you shouldn't have a banner, just don't impede other people's view of the game. Even if the cause is worthy, the people below don't want a massive flag dropped in front of them every game from now on. The club are justified in this. Make a new banner that still shows support but is more conservatively sized.

Offline Ger Regan

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »
So, if at the Swansea game the giant Villa flag is surfed across the Lower Holte thus blocking my view as the players come out and myself and eight mates complain after the match we'll be able to get that banned?

If it's still being displayed when the game actually starts, then maybe.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 02:27:04 PM »
Tbf, I'm sure the people who are sat behind the banner wouldn't be impressed if we scored a goal in the 19th minute and they missed it, even if it is for a great cause, wouldn't be very happy, especially as they've got rid of replays on the big screen.

Offline The Villa Werewolf

• GM : 13.07.2015
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 02:28:07 PM »

I think the chance of you potentially missing a goal are fairly slim in that circumstance.

Stupid and irrelevant argument, and you know it.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 02:30:01 PM »

I think the chance of you potentially missing a goal are fairly slim in that circumstance.

it really isn't and it is a valid point

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »

The banner was made in a rush for the game following the announcement, nobody then knew about 19th minute applause and the fact that it would still be going now, in hindsight you are right.

The group dont have flags flying etc during a game this is the only banner that has been aired during a match the thinking being that it's subject was so important and close to all Villa fans hearts.

Fine, if it is so important to you and your group then it won't be too much of a problem to make another one that gets your message across and causes no future complaints.

Offline Ger Regan

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »

It's nowhere near as big an issue as missing some of the game itself, though.

Offline The Villa Werewolf

• GM : 13.07.2015
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »

WOW.

You seriously think missing about ten seconds of the pre-match rituals is as serious as paying spectators missing a goal that could prove to be the decisive moment in the game?

Amazing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal