collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov banner banned from Villa park  (Read 26757 times)

Offline MonsXI

Petrov banner banned from Villa park
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:43:24 PM »

The above banner has been banned from Villa Park as from today, the banner which has been flown for the 19th minute applause ever since the news of Stans illness was announced received 9 complaints after it's first airing in L8 against Everton last Saturday.

Whoever complained nice one!

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
Re: Petrov banner banned from Villa park
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
The 9 people whose view appears to be blocked by it perhaps? The only reason i can think of anyway.....

Offline Richie

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:50:06 PM »
I wouldn't have complained of having my view blocked on Saturday !

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:50:31 PM »
The 9 people whose view appears to be blocked by it perhaps? The only reason i can think of anyway.....

for one minute of a game, ffs the banner is showing support to our club captain!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 01:51:19 PM »

for one minute of a game, ffs the banner is showing support to our club captain!

The people behind it won't have seen it that way, though. Plus maybe they thought it'd be there the rest of the match or something?

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »
Who designed a banner that blocked people's views anyway? No wonder it has been banned. Cant you design another one that doesnt block the view?

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »

The people behind it won't have seen it that way, though. Plus maybe they thought it'd be there the rest of the match or something?

It was only flown for one minute then put away, the complaints have been made since the game.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 01:54:40 PM »
I wouldn't have complained of having my view blocked on Saturday !

Yes, agree - the club have missed a trick with the ban - Block L8 would've been a sell-out this season!

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 01:55:18 PM »

It was only flown for one minute then put away, the complaints have been made since the game.

Was it explained to the people sat behind it? They might not know yur intentions and feel that it will make a reappearance. For longer next time. I'd have complained. Definitely.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »

Was it explained to the people sat behind it? They might not know yur intentions and feel that it will make a reappearance. For longer next time. I'd have complained. Definitely.

The banner is quite self explanatory it's obvious what it's use is and the fact it's packed away kinda shows it's not gonna be flown again during the game. After seeing that the banner was only flown during the applause you'd still complain after the game?

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 02:00:31 PM »

Surely it could have been designed not to interfere with the view of others, and from the sounds of things you were looking to display it at more games, which means it would be a continuing nuisance to them. I agree it may have been handled badly (and those who complained should probably have spoken to ye first, instead of going directly to the club), but it's a bit unfair to expect others to put up their view being completely blocked (as it appears from the photo) when there was no need for it to be, no matter how short a time it may be for.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »
I don't think we need banners and  19th minutes  applause for Stan. He knows we support him and let's hope he continues on the path to full recovery and respect his privacy.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 02:05:43 PM »

Surely it could have been designed not to interfere with the view of others, and from the sounds of things you were looking to display it at more games, which means it would be a continuing nuisance to them. I agree it may have been handled badly (and those who complained should probably have spoken to ye first, instead of going directly to the club), but it's a bit unfair to expect others to put up their view being completely blocked (as it appears from the photo) when there was no need for it to be, no matter how short a time it may be for.

there is a need for it, it's to show support for Stan. people need to remember it's a football ground not a cinema or library.

Offline luke25

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 02:11:26 PM »
I'm probably going to be ripped to pieces for this but do we really need to do the 19th minute applause this season? I totally understood it last season and Petrov knows were all fully behind him, continuing to do it is all abit Liverpool.

Offline nigel

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 02:11:55 PM »

there is a need for it, it's to show support for Stan. people need to remember it's a football ground not a cinema or library.

Would you feel the same way if it was your view blocked?
Although it didn't happen Saturday, we could have strung a great move together and scored. I would imagine, given that scenario, there would have been someone walking
 round with with the banner rammed up his arse!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:16:26 PM by nigel »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal