collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Do Villa Need More Experience  (Read 6173 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: Do Villa Need More Experience
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 05:09:29 PM »
We need an experience player in the middle with leadership drive and power and hunger. Just like a certain captain in 1982 :) We need to find someone like 24 years old Stephen Gerrard for our team.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »
I don't care if they are experienced players or young hungry players. I do care that they are high quality players though, and we are definately lacking that in the centre of midfield.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 09:05:44 PM »
The thing is with these buying young lower division players is that rather than being on the fringes of their squads, they've played, every week in real professional football, at the key period of their development.

It's a factor Lambert himself identified as the difference between the performance between Norwich's young players last season, and ours.

It's the right policy and he knows how to make it work. I'm pleased.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »
Yes.

Offline KRS

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 10:13:43 PM »
I agree with both statements but had to vote "no"...simply because we need some more experience and proven quality in there to stop us getting relegated and our "experienced" players at the moment simply arent good enough.

Offline Boz

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »
I agree with both statements but had to vote "no"...simply because we need some more experience and proven quality in there to stop us getting relegated and our "experienced" players at the moment simply arent good enough.

I thought the same, both are relative to our current position. PL looks to be building for the future and I hope his judgement is good as what he's currently bought appear promising and value for money. We do need proven players as well though, but I doubt the quality we would like will come to B6 at present.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 09:40:52 AM »
Experience is important in a team, but what kind of experience are we talking here?  The experience of players who are used to getting into a scrap at the weekend and leaving lumps of themselves on the pitch?  Or the experience of pampered pros who are used to getting into their Bentleys to drive to training before spending the afternoon on the golf course/PS3? 

The difference between the signings we are making and the progress of our academy players is that the new signings have got a lot of 1st team experience at lower levels or abroad.  Our academy players, on the other hand, are taking their first steps into a 1st team and having to learn to cope at Premiership level.

I'd rather we keep signing like this for the moment and IF the right player comes along, and IF it's right for Villa, then spunking a wad on the big name.  No more CN'Z's for me.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »
Experience is important in a team, but what kind of experience are we talking here?

Someone who can handle the pressure and not let it affect their play in the search for results.  It's been mentioned how Petrov is a 'calming' influence that makes the midfield more solid.

Offline seanthevillan

• pick our team
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »
Experience is important in a team, but what kind of experience are we talking here?

Someone who can handle the pressure and not let it affect their play in the search for results.  It's been mentioned how Petrov is a 'calming' influence that makes the midfield more solid.

By constantly doing the basics right and not losing concentration.

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »
I love you all ...

but I'd still rather have Paul Lambert making the decisions than a bunch of muppets - albeit some golden - like us.

UTV

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 06:54:25 PM »
I love you all ...

but I'd still rather have Paul Lambert making the decisions than a bunch of muppets - albeit some golden - like us.

UTV

We've got to keep offering our advice though haven't we!  ;)

Offline eastie

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »
Norwich were far less experienced than us as were Swansea at this level last year- I think if we build on yesterday's performance we may have a decent and enjoyable season.

It can work in our favour too as most opponents will not have much knowledge of our players having not played against them .
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:04:56 PM by eastie »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal