collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matchday Experience  (Read 9524 times)

Offline MarkM

Re: Matchday Experience Saturday
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 01:14:05 PM »
Didn't like:
1. Public address system. Couldn't hear ant thing in the centre of upper Witton End.
2. The fire thing as teams came out was tacky to the extreme.
3. The screen display...why have they changed it. Go back to teams and stats display please.

Liked:
My new ST seat in T3 row w right in the centre.

1. Public address system - always been an issue at VP due to acoutstic issues with stadium layout
2. Fire cannons - god damn awful sky induced shit (nothing to do with Villa) you want to be standing 6ft from them bastard things
3. Screen at an angle -purely for the Holte viewers as all other areas of ground can see the one in the Holte
I beg to differ re point 3 - we sit in the Lower Trinity and couldn't see the screen in the Holte.

Couldnt see it from my old seat in the Upper Trinity either.

I would gues it was put that way as it was the cheapest and easiest way to mount it

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
Couldn't hear it at all in the upper North

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 01:32:11 PM »
Didn't like:
1. Public address system. Couldn't hear ant thing in the centre of upper Witton End.
3. The screen display...why have they changed it. Go back to teams and stats display please.

Liked:

1. Public address system - always been an issue at VP due to acoutstic issues with stadium layout
2. Fire cannons - god damn awful sky induced shit (nothing to do with Villa) you want to be standing 6ft from them bastard things
3. Screen at an angle -purely for the Holte viewers as all other areas of ground can see the one in the Holte
I beg to differ re point 3 - we sit in the Lower Trinity and couldn't see the screen in the Holte.

Couldnt see it from my old seat in the Upper Trinity either.

I would gues it was put that way as it was the cheapest and easiest way to mount it

It was. With the new link corridor between the North and the Witton Lane it would have cost a fortune to put it back there.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »
How was life in the Upper Witton Road for the Holte End Exiles

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022

Offline MarkM

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »

Well [I moved from upper Trinity]

It was ok, view was good, the atmosphere was great for about 3 mins then they scored and it went down hill from there!

My seat is the end seat on the row next to the away fans, so if some one is going to get hit with a missle its gonna be me!

Good value if we start to play a bit!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »

It was ok, view was good, the atmosphere was great for about 3 mins then they scored and it went down hill from there!

My seat is the end seat on the row next to the away fans, so if some one is going to get hit with a missle its gonna be Legion

Fixed.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
Unimpressed Everton fan:

http://www.royalbluemersey.com/2012/8/28/3273848/Rant-Everton-Aston-Villa-Villa-Park

The guy says that he's traveled "the length and breadth of the country", however, I wonder if he's ever been in the away section at Goodison. That's not exactly a fun experience.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 02:45:10 PM »

My seat is the end seat on the row next to the away fans, so if some one is going to get hit with a missle its gonna be Legion

Fixed.

Similarly, during the pre-match thunder & lightning on Saturday, PeterWithesShin and I felt perfectly safe standing on Trinity Road. If lightning struck that area, there was only one person in its sights !!

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 03:01:43 PM »
Unimpressed Everton fan:

http://www.royalbluemersey.com/2012/8/28/3273848/Rant-Everton-Aston-Villa-Villa-Park

I know Redsox has commented above but I had to chuckle at that. They should let away fans in for free at Goodison its that bad.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:04:43 PM by lambdrew08 »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »
Unimpressed Everton fan:

The guy says that he's traveled "the length and breadth of the country", however, I wonder if he's ever been in the away section at Goodison. That's not exactly a fun experience.

"When we picked up our ticket from the players entrance,"

As ordinary fans do.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »
I like others would rather have the team line ups and stats on the big screens.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »
Didn't like:

Liked:

Upper Trinity A2 is the same
We can see the "new" screen at a 45 degree angle - which is weird
The flamers were cock

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 03:58:13 PM »
To be fair to the Evertonion, that sounds like an awful experience and if true, we're ripping fans off. It shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Goodison is dreadful for away fans but by the sounds of things we're as bad. Oh dear.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:18 PM »
Unimpressed Everton fan:

"When we picked up our ticket from the players entrance,"

As ordinary fans do.

I did that a couple of times at Anfield years ago.  My ex-girlfriend's dad were friendly with Steve Harkness's family (they were all truck drivers from Carlisle), and he used to sort us out for Liverpool v Villa tickets.  We were invited into the Liverpool players' lounge after they beat us 3-1, when Whittingham played out wide.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal