collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Small Rodent
[Today at 10:57:27 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:55:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:51:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Stu
[Today at 10:51:03 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Richard
[Today at 10:47:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:44:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 10:44:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 10:43:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matchday Experience  (Read 9543 times)

Offline lukey27

Matchday Experience
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »
Performance aside. I thought the whole matchday experience in the Holte End on Saturday was quite disappointing. In the Holte Suite before the game, the teams weren't announced. In the Stadium, the second big screen was back but they showed the whole game on it, not the teams [useless if you didn't have a programme for the opposition]. The half time scores were unavailable, no Soccer Saturday, no clue what was going on at other grounds.

Thought the service at half time was pretty poor as well.

Do they consult people. Who actually needs the game shown on big screens inside the ground.  When the actual live game is right in front of you. Use it for replays, but the rest of the time, should have both teams and subs up on the screen.

Legion: Edited to incorporate all matches.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:19:55 PM by Legion »

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Matchday Experience Saturday
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 11:14:57 AM »
I was in the Lower Holte and thought everything was fine, Soccer Saturday on at half time and we even had the blokes running around with the Heineken back-packs, which I'd only seen on a few occasions before.

I do agree with you that it would have been better to have the team sheets on the big screens though.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »
The re-installed screen by the North Stand seemed to be at a strange angle.

I only saw the team announcement just before kick-off and agree that the graphics were very poor.

What was the earlier announcement like ? Did they have the old "turning or looking up" player videos, still photos or try something new ?

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
Bought the kids one of the 'new' cheeseburgers in the Upper Holte - no cheese and dried up crispy bread roll, not the best...

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »
I don't get all this 'match day experience' malarkey. I'm not sure what some fans expect sometimes.

They normally put the team along the bottom of the screens in the Holte Suite before the game so i'm not sure what's changed there and the half times scores were on the advertising hoardings although i agree reading them out would have been better.

Offline levico

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 11:54:14 AM »
No tea in the Doug Ellis Upper. Still can't hear the tannoy. What happened to the planned rebuild of the North Stand?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »
I can't see the point of the match being played on the screens.  Teams are much more useful, especially after substituions and, in the case of Saturday, sendings off.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 12:09:53 PM »
Didn't like:
1. Public address system. Couldn't hear ant thing in the centre of upper Witton End.
2. The fire thing as teams came out was tacky to the extreme.
3. The screen display...why have they changed it. Go back to teams and stats display please.

Liked:
My new ST seat in T3 row w right in the centre.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »
I prefer it when they have the match live on the screens. Comes in handy if someone's standing in the way. Put teams up and that lot during stoppages. I thought Black Sabbath should've been louder.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »
Didn't like:
1. Public address system. Couldn't hear ant thing in the centre of upper Witton End.
3. The screen display...why have they changed it. Go back to teams and stats display please.

Liked:

1. Public address system - always been an issue at VP due to acoutstic issues with stadium layout
2. Fire cannons - god damn awful sky induced shit (nothing to do with Villa) you want to be standing 6ft from them bastard things
3. Screen at an angle -purely for the Holte viewers as all other areas of ground can see the one in the Holte

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »
fourth st for me.  Tannoy remains ear blisteringly loud or like the speaker is outside.  Nothing inbetween.  Why show the football match on wide screen while we are there?  Just team list and maybe replays are fine for me.  No hot water and no tills in Trinity upper making it seem like no-one had even checked beforer matchday since last season.  And the massive Zippos?... undecided.  Please bring back Hells bells. 

I wouldnt have mentioned any of these things if we had won or had a great team display, which probably shows how high up the match day experience comes compared to the football on my list of priorities. 

Why are both large screens so difficult to see from Trinity upper?

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 12:41:41 PM »
No tea in the Doug Ellis Upper. Still can't hear the tannoy. What happened to the planned rebuild of the North Stand?
I sat in the Doug Ellis Upper for the Charity Shield and they had no beer at half time. The Cockerneys were not happy.

The massive delay getting out the car park afterwards would no doubt have put a cherrry on their day out at VP.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 12:46:01 PM »
Didn't like:

Liked:

1. Public address system - always been an issue at VP due to acoutstic issues with stadium layout
2. Fire cannons - god damn awful sky induced shit (nothing to do with Villa) you want to be standing 6ft from them bastard things
3. Screen at an angle -purely for the Holte viewers as all other areas of ground can see the one in the Holte

Thanks for the background reasons Hookey.

With regard to the PA system, you would think there are expert sound engineers out there who would be able to come in 'balance' the system.   
I sit in the Doug Ellis Upper, in the centre and can barely hear a thing.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »
Didn't like:

Liked:

I beg to differ re point 3 - we sit in the Lower Trinity and couldn't see the screen in the Holte.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »
Didn't like:

Liked:

Thanks for the background reasons Hookey.

With regard to the PA system, you would think there are expert sound engineers out there who would be able to come in 'balance' the system.   
I sit in the Doug Ellis Upper, in the centre and can barely hear a thing.

In the upper Trinity it was ear bleeding loud last season, moved to the Witton Lane upper and its muffled into silence [Bliss compared to last season!!!]

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal