collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary Gardner  (Read 16931 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Gary Gardner
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 11:20:38 AM »
He needs a run in the team. He is different to what we currently have. Big things are expected.

Of all the younger players gardner is the best in my view.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »
He has the sort of presence we've been lacking, and (potentially) provides plenty of drive in midfield. I also think he struggled with McLeish's style. He could flourish with how Lambert wants to play.

Dont think he has ever shown any semblance of presence in the first team. Lack of mobility was a worry before the injury and that would be the biggest concern for him when he comes back. Best of luck to the lad.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 11:38:59 AM »
Must say I like what he says about Ron Vlaar. That's exactly the sort of character we need, and what a skipper should be doing. He's not been great on the pitch obviously, but if he improves and gets a decent partner next season, he could yet be a key player for us in the next few years.

Vlaar seemed to be a bit of a scapegoat after last Saturday's game. He was at fault for the goal because he just didn't seem to get up to challenge Fellaini but I thought he was solid for the rest of the game. He also strikes me as someone who will be talking to his teammates throughout the game (something I doubt many others do and should) - and that's a quality that's unlikely to be picked up unless you're one of his teammates.

Offline chrisf

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »
Another one of our youth players who will never be EPL standard.

File along with his brother, Ridgewell and Cahill ... oh ...

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 12:02:37 PM »
Indeed I don't think Vlaar has been too bad this season, and he seems to have the right character.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 12:11:12 PM »
He doesn't seem to have that burst of place like Wilshire, but I like the fact that he seems to get himself in good positions in and around the box,and lack of pace never done Lampard any harm.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 12:12:58 PM »
I think he really would have added something to us this season and a player I really rate as having very good potential , still will be like signing a new player next season ......in what ever division we find ourselves

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »
I still have high hopes that he's going to be a star player for us. Definitely has the quality. Just need to get him game time. If we were to get relegated then he will be able to grow so much in midfield for us next year. It might be hard for us to shoehorn him into our team if we are still in the Premier League.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 12:28:59 PM »
Given the severity of the two injuries he has had a at such a young age I doubt he will ever get back to his full potential.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »
Given the severity of the two injuries he has had a at such a young age I doubt he will ever get back to his full potential.
I was thinking that. Although it is no longer a career ending ending injury, very often they're never the same player afterwards and he's had 2 of them. Poor sod.
Fingers crossed for him, he's had shit luck.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 01:15:50 PM »
I was thinking that. Although it is no longer a career ending ending injury, very often they're never the same player afterwards and he's had 2 of them. Poor sod.

Wilshire? Didn't he have a similar injury? He was superb last night.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 01:17:44 PM »

Yes, but GG has had two.
It must take a toll, the one advantage is his age.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:24:28 PM by Rip Van We Go Again »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »

Vlaar had the same issues as Gardner and has made it back to be a full international for holland, it can happen so long as the player is mentally strong enough to keep going.  I think GG is and i think he'll be a great player for us.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
He could really help provide some goals from midfield which has been missing this season. Any idea when he will be match fit?

Offline cdward

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:42 PM »
He needs a run in the team. He is different to what we currently have. Big things are expected.

Of all the younger players gardner is the best in my view.

+1
He was progressing well, along with the likes of Clarke and Weimann until his latest injury,  and seeing how they have progressed i have high hopes for him
In my opinion he is the most naturally gifted of the younger players coming through, and was looking the most likely to be a top class PL player.
Hopefully he gets to fulfil that potential.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal