collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This Site  (Read 105631 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: This Site
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »
Doesn't work anymore via Safari on iphone4. Message comes back of "too many redirects occurred"

.net home page ok but the forum doesn't work
I have just stared getting this on my Ipad.
H&V has been working fine on it for ever, but this week I can't get on.....any ideas please ? 

Both .net and here work fine on my daughters iPhone, and my iPad.

I am all about the Open Source Android myself, but give this is a spin:

Symptoms

When trying to view a website using Safari, you may see the alert message: "Could not open the page. Too many redirects occurred trying to open (website name)." This may occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page, which is then redirected to open the original page.
Resolution

This issue is typically caused by the website you're trying to view, not by Safari. Safari may be able to open the website at a later time, when the website's redirect problem has been corrected.

Occasionally, the issue might be caused by an interaction with Safari. The issue may also occur because redirect information has been retained beyond its useful life.  In some cases, resetting Safari may allow you to regain access to a website. To do that, follow these steps:

Choose Safari > Reset Safari.
    Only check "Remove all cookies" and "Empty the Cache."
    Click Reset.

If the issue persists, sending feedback to the affected website may help. You can also send feedback to Apple by choosing Safari > Report Bugs to Apple.

Apple Support

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2013, 08:30:56 AM »
Doesn't work anymore via Safari on iphone4. Message comes back of "too many redirects occurred"

.net home page ok but the forum doesn't work
I have just stared getting this on my Ipad.
H&V has been working fine on it for ever, but this week I can't get on.....any ideas please ? 

Both .net and here work fine on my daughters iPhone, and my iPad.

I am all about the Open Source Android myself, but give this is a spin:

Symptoms

When trying to view a website using Safari, you may see the alert message: "Could not open the page. Too many redirects occurred trying to open (website name)." This may occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page, which is then redirected to open the original page.
Resolution

This issue is typically caused by the website you're trying to view, not by Safari. Safari may be able to open the website at a later time, when the website's redirect problem has been corrected.

Occasionally, the issue might be caused by an interaction with Safari. The issue may also occur because redirect information has been retained beyond its useful life.  In some cases, resetting Safari may allow you to regain access to a website. To do that, follow these steps:

Choose Safari > Reset Safari.
    Only check "Remove all cookies" and "Empty the Cache."
    Click Reset.

If the issue persists, sending feedback to the affected website may help. You can also send feedback to Apple by choosing Safari > Report Bugs to Apple.

Apple Support

Thanks, I have tried all of this, including clearing my history, cookies and cache.
Have turned mt ipad off and on but still having no luck.

The message 'too many re-directs' eventually pops up....the address bar references H&V mobile, I'll try and make a note of it when I get home tonight. 

Offline eastie

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »
I always use google chrome for this site on my ipad and have never had any problems.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2013, 09:08:12 AM »
Is there a link to the mobile site anywhere? I clicked in to the desktop site through my phone and now can't get back to the mobile site.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2013, 09:48:18 AM »

Offline Legion

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2013, 10:12:14 AM »
Hi,

Could the button to move up a level be placed lower down (and on the right) please ? When I've finished reading a page I have to scroll up to the top to get to the button again and given the size of smartphone screens, it's a stretch to reach!

Ta

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »
I think that's a good idea, Drummond. Having to scroll up to the top each time to go back to the list of threads is a bit awkward, so the ^ button being at the bottom right of a page would be a good move.

Also, I know it's come up before, but has there been any more consideration given to including a Tapatalk plugin?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Agree with the comments above.

One way round the issue is to use the Opera Mini browser in which you get to the top of the age with a flick gesture. It is also a lot faster than the android stock browser, on my low end phone anyway.

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
  • GM : 01.01.2024
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2013, 06:51:22 PM »

I think that's a good idea, Drummond. Having to scroll up to the top each time to go back to the list of threads is a bit awkward, so the ^ button being at the bottom right of a page would be a good move.

I am looking at a modification that will allow me to do this.

Also, I know it's come up before, but has there been any more consideration given to including a Tapatalk plugin?

I will look at this again, but the last time l looked, it involved a number of manual edits to be done, which may cause conflicts with other mods, and l do not want any hassle.

Offline Legion

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »
Don't worry, us Mods will not give you grief.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2013, 11:24:24 PM »
Thanks Martin. The Home button would be good to have at the bottom too....  :-)

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »

I am looking at a modification that will allow me to do this.

I will look at this again, but the last time l looked, it involved a number of manual edits to be done, which may cause conflicts with other mods, and l do not want any hassle.

Thanks very much, Martin!

Offline Seb_AVFC

• Belgian Villains
  • GM : 31.07.2022
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Mods, can I have my name changed to Seb_AVFC please? Cheers.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2014, 11:05:51 PM »
Sorry; I just put out the txt for the save the children bit of the Commonwealth Games and then remembered I should have asked first. 
I hope it is all right. Apologies for not checking but it was rather a thing of the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal