collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sell Bent?  (Read 45654 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Sell Bent?
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2012, 10:39:20 AM »
Keane. Robbie Keane!! He knows how to control the field.
The rest are journeymen compared to his undoubted, and demonstrated, talent.
Brian, we should have one out of our way to keep Keane last season, he and his 2 goals against wolves kept us up, both from outside the area. I think i am right , but if i am not somebody will put me straight: 3 goals in 2 seasons scored from outside the box, 2 Robbie Keane v wolves and the strike from KEA last wkend, maybe i have missed 1 but i doubt it. Fecking piss poor. We need a Scholes type player to take a shot on sight instead of trying to walk the ball in the net.

I know Keane only played a handful of games for us but he was my player of the season. We'd have been relegated without him.

Indeed, the long-distance goal against Wolves was brilliant and crucial.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2012, 11:12:04 AM »
Gabby's contribution in goals and assists from August to November was more important than other players in terms of our points total. It was only his poor form after his injury that prevents people realising/acknowledging this
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:14:49 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Monty

« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:13 AM »
Gabby's contribution in goals and assists from August to November was more important than other players in terms of our points total. It was only his poor form after his injury that prevents people realising/acknowledging this

It's a decent point. Also, people blaming this on him being 'out of position' - he played the inverted left-winger thing all through that time as well, including against Blackburn.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2012, 11:29:14 AM »

It's a decent point. Also, people blaming this on him being 'out of position' - he played the inverted left-winger thing all through that time as well, including against Blackburn.

When was the last time gabby performed consistantly through the season?  People always seem to stick up for him as he had an injury but he seems like the only player that seems to become crap after getting injured.  Other players seem to over come their injuries and regain their form.
Gabby's best days, imo, are past him unfortunately and cant see him getting any better.  I still hope he proves me wrong so I can eat a nice slice of humble pie.

Offline Monty

« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2012, 11:58:19 AM »
I think Gabby could still be very good for us with a manager who actually believes in attacking. If we were to sign Benteke, I would see the case for starting him over Bent as the man up front on his own once he's settled in, with support from Gabby and/or Weimann.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2012, 12:18:54 PM »
Genk want more for Benteke..rejected first bid, allegedly.
There is always...the other fella.
Has anyone told PL about him?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2012, 11:21:38 PM »

Gabby set up four goal for Bent in this period aswell, three from crosses against Norwich and Wigan and he also got fouled for the penalty Bent scored against WBA.

I do think his return will be crucial to getting our attacking game going even if he was incredibly poor after xmas last season.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2012, 11:23:52 PM »
When is Gabby back?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2012, 12:07:00 AM »
There's a 2 week international break after the Newcastle game so Gabby should be in the squad for the Swansea game.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #234 on: August 30, 2012, 12:35:31 AM »
Fuug it,,can we get one of these? any one of these?

&feature=relmfu

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #235 on: August 30, 2012, 08:28:27 AM »
Andrei Arshavin is being given away by the Arse. Wages is the thing. Is is plain as a pikestaff he is not happy there. Kids settled and wife happy in UK.  He is a very exciting player and would fit in nicely, if Randy would ante-up.  I think he'd be a crowd puller and a hero with the Holte End.
£40k a week ain't gonna do it.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2012, 08:38:16 AM »
I think i am right , but if i am not somebody will put me straight: 3 goals in 2 seasons scored from outside the box, 2 Robbie Keane v wolves and the strike from KEA last wkend, maybe i have missed 1 but i doubt it.
By my reckoning it's just the six that you missed. And considering how few goals we scored last season, eight from outside the box is pretty good going.

Petrov vs Everton, Bolton and Sunderland
Weimann vs Stoke
Gabby vs Bristol Rovers
Clark vs Spurs

And while we're at it, I think 'two seasons' is a bit disingenuous. One season and three matches.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:47:20 AM by Dave »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #237 on: August 30, 2012, 08:46:33 AM »
Andrei Arshavin is being given away by the Arse. Wages is the thing. Is is plain as a pikestaff he is not happy there. Kids settled and wife happy in UK.  He is a very exciting player and would fit in nicely, if Randy would ante-up.  I think he'd be a crowd puller and a hero with the Holte End.

I think he'd be a fucking disaster.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2012, 08:48:36 AM »
Fair enough. We have until tomorrow and it is back to 'glorious draws' if we can manage them.

I think he'd be a fucking disaster.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal