collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by brontebilly
[Today at 09:53:18 AM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by brontebilly
[Today at 09:51:18 AM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by trinityoap
[Today at 09:49:17 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:47:46 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Streaming on Internet?  (Read 11087 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Streaming on Internet?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »
Yes.
Possibly.
Yes.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
Cheers
Thanks
Cheers

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 12:47:33 PM »
Sorry not sure how this was policed yesterday, but can we request a private message, or give our emails so people can post there?

Or maybe a short amnesty where people suggest hosting sites/search engines foe live footy?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 12:57:59 PM »
It is really easy to find streams.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 09:53:19 PM »
Check out the MOTD hIghlights posted by a mod.
Isn't that rule breaking?

I have no problem with the rule has long as everybody is treated the same.

There's no need to look for favouritism or double standards in it.

The request is pretty straightforward - please don't post links to match streams. Debate the rights or wrongs or inconsistencies of copyright law all you like (god knows, it is inconsistent enough), but it is specifically the sharing of match streams that we're asking people not to post.

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 09:57:47 PM »
That was 12 hours ago calm down dear.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
During the game on Saturday, there were people posting updates in the match thread, describing the game, incidents etc ?
What were they watching to be able to do that, just for future reference like ?   

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »
That was 12 hours ago calm down dear.

Are you going out of your way to piss off every mod at the moment, bert?

Offline bertlambshank

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 01:16:05 PM »
Look back through the thread (my post about the boxing site as an example)and I was backing the bans on streams being posted.
Sites are being closed down for showing sports that are being posted after the event.
I did not claim there was double standards and got told off on Saturday just for saying the word of the site I was using.
Yesterday in the Playbook thread you mentioned v********s,and nobody said anything.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »
Look back through the thread (my post about the boxing site as an example)and I was backing the bans on streams being posted.
Sites are being closed down for showing sports that are being posted after the event.
I did not claim there was double standards and got told off on Saturday just for saying the word of the site I was using.
Yesterday in the Playbook thread you mentioned v********s,and nobody said anything.

I mentioned the name of a streaming provider, which is entirely different to providing a stream to a match - in the same way that mentioning piratebay isn't the same as posting links to torrents there.

We haven't suddenly become rabidly anti-streaming, we're just being cautious in not wanting people to post links to streams here.

Pick it apart all you want, but that's what we've asked people not to do - we haven't suddenly become authoritarian nazis.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »
At least the match threads will be clear of every other post asking for a stream.  As Paulie says, it's pretty bloody easy to find one, even if you don't use Villastreams.  Which I don't, obviously, because that would be BAD!

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 08:51:52 PM »
I look forward to a day when copyright laws are looked on as the nonsense they are.

To add context - I now live in Norway and can legally watch more premier league matches live on TV than people in the UK (6 of the 10 from this weekend were shown live), I know from experience that the same is true in Malta and Denmark, I guess in a lot of other countries too.  Conversely you can watch more live La liga games in the UK than you can in Spain.

I regularly (probably getting boring now) state the brilliance of the setup for rugby union in the UK - http://www.premiershiprugby.com/home.php being yet another example of how things should be.  All matches are available in full 3 hours after the final whistle, highlights available as well and you can watch them all live for a monthly fee (not sure what the fee is this season as it's not available for signup yet, it's only active during the season so it automatically cancels your sub after the final).  Football has sold it's soul to sky and can't  offer something similar, which means the availability of the coverage is shocking in comparison, even more so when you consider the relative fanbases.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »
Whether it is a proactive initiative to avoid possible action or a result of pressure from whomever, does anyone really think the mods are taking this stance out of sheer jobsworthiness?

TV companies have been going to some length for some time to - as they would see it - protect a lucrative source of money. It's only a matter of time before they think of further ways to do it.

I would have said that they are ultimately fighting a losing battle and would be better cultivating casual customers of live streaming than fighting them.  But that has got bugger all to do with this site or how it is moderated.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal