collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: League Cup Round 2 - Tranmere at Home.  (Read 27450 times)

Offline spangley1812

Re: League Cup Round 2 - Tranmere at Home.
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2012, 09:39:49 PM »
Prices for similar ties:
QPR v Walsall - £15 (£10 concs)
Swansea v Barnsley £15
West Ham v Crewe £10 (£8) in advance.
Everton v Orient £15 (£5)
Norwich v Scunthorpe £10 (£1).

Answered you own question there then Dave as all those prices you have posted I presume are for the highest price ticket in the stadium and all of them are cheaper than Villa's £20!!

No, they're all one price. Most are also more expensive than our cheapest £12. 
Dont matter mate it still means they are all cheaper than my £20 season ticket seat in the Trinity.  Just admit that the club have the pricing wrong for this fixture, as will be so obviously evidenced by the shit attendance that I think will occur on Tuesday evening.

I haven't given any opinion on the pricing at all. I've said why they can't be lower, why they can't be given away to season ticket holders and a comparison with other similar games.

15,319 in attendance Dave, that tells its own story mate.  Lets hope the club get the message that the prices were just too high for a League 1 opposition 2nd round tie.

The opposition has to agree to the ticket prices so it could have been Tranmere that asked for the £20.00 tickets, etc

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:44 PM »
Prices for similar ties:
Swansea v Barnsley £15

Answered you own question there then Dave as all those prices you have posted I presume are for the highest price ticket in the stadium and all of them are cheaper than Villa's £20!!

Dont matter mate it still means they are all cheaper than my £20 season ticket seat in the Trinity.  Just admit that the club have the pricing wrong for this fixture, as will be so obviously evidenced by the shit attendance that I think will occur on Tuesday evening.

I haven't given any opinion on the pricing at all. I've said why they can't be lower, why they can't be given away to season ticket holders and a comparison with other similar games.

15,319 in attendance Dave, that tells its own story mate.  Lets hope the club get the message that the prices were just too high for a League 1 opposition 2nd round tie.

The opposition has to agree to the ticket prices so it could have been Tranmere that asked for the £20.00 tickets, etc
Surely the opposition has to be allowed to negotiate not dictate, for gods sake just accept that Villa wanted to charge £20 just as much as Tranmere wanted to.  Stop trying to blame Tranmere for this you are just as bad as Woodhall.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2012, 09:56:55 PM »
10,000 at Coventry tonight for a derby.Get a grip man.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2012, 10:02:16 PM »
Villa have charged£10 for games like this for about 3 seasons so Id say the variable here is Tranmere.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »
Prices for similar ties:
Swansea v Barnsley £15

Surely the opposition has to be allowed to negotiate not dictate, for gods sake just accept that Villa wanted to charge £20 just as much as Tranmere wanted to.  Stop trying to blame Tranmere for this you are just as bad as Woodhall.

Your not getting this are you..........If Tranmere want £20.00 per ticket Villa have to agree unless they want to take it to the football league
of course you could be right and its all Villa's fault but we will never know

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2012, 01:12:06 AM »

I don't know why you're getting so wound up about this, and neither do I know why you have such an obsession with me that you want to bring me into almost every post you make on the subject. But I'll explain once again:

I have not passed an opinion on the prices for this game. I mentioned those charged by other clubs for the purpose of comparison, and did not pass comment on them. I pointed out that both clubs have to agree on a price and that I've been told the away club would have to be compensated for season ticket holders getting in free. I hope this makes things clearer for you.   

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2012, 01:13:12 AM »
ST holders do not get in free. It cost me £15 this evening.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2012, 01:14:27 AM »
ST holders do not get in free. It cost me £15 this evening.

I'm not saying they did. I said that IF they did, the above would apply.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2012, 04:30:56 PM »
Any links to the goals?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »
Surely the opposition has to be allowed to negotiate not dictate, for gods sake just accept that Villa wanted to charge £20 just as much as Tranmere wanted to.

You can't possibly know that.

All you can do is judge on the evidence - prime of which is the attitude Villa have shown to this sort of fixture over the last few years, and that has been to price tickets very low.

Offline The Left Side

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal