collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert meeting supporters at Villa Park tonight  (Read 25501 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Lambert meeting supporters at Villa Park tonight
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2012, 09:16:30 AM »
Strikes me it's clearly a 1 out, 1 in policy

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »
I can't think that Lambert would have even begun to consider the Villa job if the level of funding/backing and terms of reference of the "project" were not to his liking.  He will be backed, I'm sure of that.
Are you shaw about that Duncan..?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »
I thought Delph did look dangerous breaking forward, it was the only time we really looked like we could fashion something, as the full backs weren't gett forward much (well, Lowton did a bit, but Baker not at all).

I would imagine Lambert would have wanted him to get forward more often than he did, though
I've thought for a while that Delph may well end up at left-back. He and Lowton - whern both fully confident - as FB would make the role much more offensive; it may even allow for Vlaar, Baker and Clark to play as as a back three when appropriate, since I think all 3 have the footballing nous and technique to play it well.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »
We would give a lot of free kicks away in dangerous areas with Delph at left back. If he could learn to not dive in then it could work. Think we'd be looking at losing at least one goal per game from set pieces from our left flank to start with though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal