collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: More redundancies at club  (Read 24178 times)

Offline HalesowenVilla

Re: More redundancies at club
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »
All MON fault :-X

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
Makes me wonder if we were a little bit bloated staff wise before?

Don't like to see people losing their jobs though.

I maybe wrong, but I can recall seeing in a report that there were something like 1700 employees on the non-playing staff at Aston Villa.  I'm not sure who was included in that number (part-time matchday staff etc.), but I remember thinking the number seemed high.

Agree that it is not nice to see people lose jobs though. 

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »
Sad though it is for anyone to lose their job it's also a part of almost every business on the planet. It might not have anything directly to do with austerity measures. Villa pride themselves on their tremendous service and I'm sure they don't want to sacrifice that. However, businesses always look for ways of becoming more efficient and we don't know the background to this to understand this decision fully.

Crowds are falling and we're reducing the wage bill on the playing side too. I don't think we need Columbo to figure this one out.

Offline duncan

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
It's never pleasant to hear of job losses, but at least there's one positive. With all the increased stress created by the redundancies, at least the local chubby lasses will be getting some soon, if other reports are to be believed..............

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
It's never pleasant to hear of job losses, but at least there's one positive. With all the increased stress created by the redundancies, at least the local chubby lasses will be getting some soon, if other reports are to be believed..............

Hilarious.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 02:08:32 PM »
Commiserations for those who have lost their jobs, having been made redundant in the past I know how hard it is. Unfortunately though that's the reality of the climate at the moment, people have been made redundant where I work and companies are reviewing their work force. It's not nice, but it's how things are.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 02:16:39 PM »
Sad though it is for anyone to lose their job it's also a part of almost every business on the planet. It might not have anything directly to do with austerity measures. Villa pride themselves on their tremendous service and I'm sure they don't want to sacrifice that. However, businesses always look for ways of becoming more efficient and we don't know the background to this to understand this decision fully.

Crowds are falling and we're reducing the wage bill on the playing side too. I don't think we need Columbo to figure this one out.

even if attendances are where they should be and the wage bill was under control the club could still have made these cuts. It could very well be we can still offer the same level of service in those areas without that level of staffing. Creating efficiency isn't neccessarily a direct correlation to performance and productivity.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »

even if attendances are where they should be and the wage bill was under control the club could still have made these cuts. It could very well be we can still offer the same level of service in those areas without that level of staffing. Creating efficiency isn't neccessarily a direct correlation of performance and productivity.

Hmmm, so it's just coincidence that we're cutting those costs at the same time as we're reducing the wage bill on the playing side; seems unlikely.

Offline duncan

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 02:21:21 PM »

Hilarious.

No, merely an attempt to make light of an all to common occurrence in the current financial climate, by associating it with an earlier topic.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 02:30:47 PM »

even if attendances are where they should be and the wage bill was under control the club could still have made these cuts. It could very well be we can still offer the same level of service in those areas without that level of staffing. Creating efficiency isn't neccessarily a direct correlation of performance and productivity.

Hmmm, so it's just coincidence that we're cutting those costs at the same time as we're reducing the wage bill on the playing side; seems unlikely.

That's not what I said. I said it doesn't have to be exclusively to do with austerity as you seem to be suggesting. Companies make cuts and changes to their staff all the time and not only when things are going badly.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
It's sad to see people lose there jobs let's hope they find something else asap.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »

even if attendances are where they should be and the wage bill was under control the club could still have made these cuts. It could very well be we can still offer the same level of service in those areas without that level of staffing. Creating efficiency isn't neccessarily a direct correlation to performance and productivity.
Paul Faulkner couldn't have written that any better.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »

Paul Faulkner couldn't have written that any better.

so he's doing his job. Sometimes the consequeneces of doing your job isn't always fun. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that at one time or another has had to let someone go. Unless the person is a total wanker it is never, ever easy.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
It's sad to see people losing their jobs especially ones that have been with the club a long time. I am sure they have served the club much better than a few of the players that we can all name but are still on the books.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 04:18:34 PM »
Makes me wonder if we were a little bit bloated staff wise before?

Don't like to see people losing their jobs though.

Possibly, but in the grand scale of things, 12 people earning an average £20,000 a year isn't very much when it comes to a Premier League fooball club.  It's probably one month's wages for Emile Heskey to put it into perspective.  I think anybody thinking that the sale of The Browns is going to lead to better things financially for us is barking up the wrong tree.  I'm only guessing, but I reckon it was maybe a case of having to sell, rather than wanting to.

You are definitely wrong there. Randy didn't sell the Browns because he had to financially, he sold them because ultimately this was his first chance too as he didn't want to ever own them. He was just obliged too.

He just wants to be a fan..

Yeah, but you don't actually know that, do you?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal