collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Holte End Flags  (Read 7219 times)

Offline jonavfcc

Holte End Flags
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:43:02 AM »
Following the recent 'get the holte end back campaign, does anybody know a contact within the club that might be able to organise people to send in their flags, and the club put them up before each game? There is no better sight than the upper tier of the Holte draped with flags. I think a lot of people have flags but do not want the hassle of looking after them at a game so this may encourage them to send the flags in

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: Holte End Flags
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:59:03 AM »
I think you'll have to do that yourself son

Offline jonavfcc

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 09:04:52 AM »
Thanks for te idea Iv never thought of that

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:31:15 AM »
Do we still have that nice orange one? 

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
I like these initiatives to try and get the atmosphere back at Villa Park. Maybe the first thing that could/should happen though is that the club do something with the stewards who may well be 'doing their job' but are not helping in creating an atmosphere with their (at times) over zealous stewarding.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:59:46 AM »
Keeping the flags at the ground is a good idea. Good luck with it.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:09:59 PM »
I like these initiatives to try and get the atmosphere back at Villa Park. Maybe the first thing that could/should happen though is that the club do something with the stewards who may well be 'doing their job' but are not helping in creating an atmosphere with their (at times) over zealous stewarding.

I've always found our stewards to be quite lenient and genuinely pretty good. I've heard other fans say this as well, and I think eve the football ground guide highlights how good our stewards are.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »
Legion and I met with a few guys from the Villa a few summers ago, and handed over this flag whic they said they were going to use in lower North Stand once they had given it a full fire-proofing/health and safety test...

Never seen it since.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »
Legion and I met with a few guys from the Villa a few summers ago, and handed over this flag whic they said they were going to use in lower North Stand once they had given it a full fire-proofing/health and safety test...

Never seen it since.

I saw that a day in August 2010 dangling out an upper storey window at the back of the North Stand. When I asked I was told some middle aged man in glasses was seen throwing it out and then shinned down it to escape.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »

Never seen it since.

That is a beauty!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 05:41:02 PM »
Maybe the "Let's get the Holte rocking again" campaign should team up with Brigada who seem to have got some vibes back into the old place. Mabe they should be the conduit for a concerted effort to create a more lively approach, including the use of flags and banners.

Offline jb91

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 07:54:31 PM »
whatever flags you put in, please please please make sure there secured at the bottom. if they aren't, they wave into the faces of us in the front row of the upper tier, this stops us from being able to see the game, and we will just untie them.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 09:30:35 PM »
Maybe the "Let's get the Holte rocking again" campaign should team up with Brigada who seem to have got some vibes back into the old place. Mabe they should be the conduit for a concerted effort to create a more lively approach, including the use of flags and banners.

Slightly off topic, as we now have both the Holte and North Stand, it would be great to see and hear the two End's singing to each other. Sporting do it here and when I've been there it'salways impressed me.

Not the best version but you'll get the picture..

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 09:38:57 PM »
Didn't Brighton do something like that when they came to Villa Park on FA Cup 3rd round day a few years back? They had both the normal two tiers in the Doug Ellis and the entire North Stand upper and I seem to recall them singing to each other.

Offline dotcomsimon

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »

Slightly off topic, as we now have both the Holte and North Stand, it would be great to see and hear the two End's singing to each other. Sporting do it here and when I've been there it'salways impressed me.

I remember being on the number 11 bus in the mid 90's singing contest every time between the backseat and the stairs  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal