collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Friday fun: Who winds you up the most?  (Read 29438 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Friday fun: Who winds you up the most?
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2012, 10:31:38 AM »
David O'C**t. Without any shadow of doubt. For the following reasons:

* The "fickle" comment.
* Repeated sycophantic schmoozing of Leeds and Arsenal
* "We cannot compete with the Milton Keyneses of the league".
* Doncaster.
* His celebration towards HDE at the Stinking Sty.
* His unforgiveable "mystery" letter to HDE. Really? All of those players think the chairman is a tool?

All wrappeed up in a personality best described as a Grade-A, narcissistic, pug-nosed faced, unemployable c***. TSM can only hope to be that dislikeable in his lifetime, but he's learning. Houllier was clumsy and O'Neill only had us hating him after he left.

O'C**t is, was and will always be... a c***.

This x a million - and dont forget the photo shoot with Henry at Highbury after we were tonked 0-5

TSM - was a very decent person - just a very shit manager
GH - I actually enjoyed the changes he brought, including DB
MON - i like most were wrapped up in the hype that surrounds him - his way of leaving will always leave a horrible taste

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »
Quote from: David O'Leary
"I’ve had requests to go back on major networks and it’s not me bigging myself up or thinking I deserve a bigger job but I just felt that the jobs weren’t right in any way," the Irishman explained to The Daily Mail.

"I’ve had lots of offers mainly from abroad and I think that can only come from people remembering Knowing Me, Knowing You on the BBC."

"Some with loads and loads of dollars. Jeremy Clarkson was very good and recommended me for a really big job but I just felt I couldn’t live where it was with the family really. That was about six or seven months ago.

"We’re not friends but Jeremy has always kind of rated me if you know what I mean. He was asked a question to recommend somebody for something or put them up and I was very grateful that he did it.

"When I thanked him he said, 'Alan, I wasn’t doing you a favour even though I like you, it’s because I rate you' and that’s his attitude.

‘I saw [Jay] Leno at Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ function the other week and he came down from the top table and said 'when are you bloody getting back in the game'?

"It was nice getting that from Leno. A lot of them know that you’re too good to be out of it. That’s not me trying to big myself up. People in the game know how difficult Tony Hayers and the BBC was."

Love this interview. Hilarious.

Mcleish is a poor manager but I don't hate him as a person. MON could be a vindictive, spiteful shit but he gave us some bloody good moments. Houllier is and was a frail old man.

Sugarbags is the only one who I actually think is a genuine arsehole.

Agreed, 1Pablo. He's the man. Namedropper and self-imprtant c*** of the worst kind.

I changed a few names on the quotes to make it an Alan Partridge interview. There are some bits of vintage Partridge. I can vividly hear Alan say this:

"When I thanked him he said, 'Alan, I wasn’t doing you a favour even though I like you, it’s because I rate you' and that’s his attitude."

Lovely stuff there spaf.

Not my words....

Very good. I have an image of him ringing up Currys and asks the bloke if he fancies a pint later.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »
MON is way out in front for me,

its been said that the reason the Dutch hate the Germans more than anybody else is because they started of as allies and trusted them, then the betrayal came and the resentment set in.

its the same for me and MON, i trusted the fella, thought he was going to bring in a new Villa era, only for him to have feet of clay,
 it all started going wrong for me when he signed Marlon, i couldnt quite believe that, and a lot of the faith i had in him was lost, then the one dimentional football started and the control freakishness of his personality,  followed by the walk out,

i never believed in AM, he was only ever going to be a bad dream which didnt last long, Houllier i liked, and O'leary was a modern football mercenary, but its definitely still MON who winds me up the most

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »
it all started going wrong for me when he signed Marlon

The most gobsmacked I've been by a Villa appointment, up until June 2011.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
David O'C**t. Without any shadow of doubt. For the following reasons:

* The "fickle" comment.
* Repeated sycophantic schmoozing of Leeds and Arsenal
* "We cannot compete with the Milton Keyneses of the league".
* Doncaster.
* His celebration towards HDE at the Stinking Sty.
* His unforgiveable "mystery" letter to HDE. Really? All of those players think the chairman is a tool?

All wrappeed up in a personality best described as a Grade-A, narcissistic, pug-nosed faced, unemployable c***. TSM can only hope to be that dislikeable in his lifetime, but he's learning. Houllier was clumsy and O'Neill only had us hating him after he left.

O'C**t is, was and will always be... a c***.

This x a million - and dont forget the photo shoot with Henry at Highbury after we were tonked 0-5

TSM - was a very decent person - just a very shit manager
GH - I actually enjoyed the changes he brought, including DB
MON - i like most were wrapped up in the hype that surrounds him - his way of leaving will always leave a horrible taste

http://balls1.bmobilized.com/?task=get&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.balls.ie%2F2012%2F08%2F15%2Fthe-best-sports-game-you-never-played%2F

This is not a photoshop this game was set for our shelves!

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2012, 10:45:01 AM »
Yes, it has to be MON.  Short term gain for a legacy of long term pain. 

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2012, 10:33:53 AM »
O'leary for me. Where do I start? He just has one of those faces that would look better after you punched it. He's the only villa manager I've disliked whilst he was in the job. Mcleish was shit but came across as a genuine bloke most of the time. I think he lost the plot under the pressure towards the end and came out with some bizarre things, but O'leary was a ******.

Much as I detest what oneill did to us and the media hype surrounding him, I still can't even begin to dislike him as much as O'leary. Irrational, but that's just how I feel about him. Maybe it's because I hated him before when he was the Leeds manager.

Houllier I actually quite liked and was a bit gutted he couldn't carry on. He said and did some in advisable things for a villa manager, but I think he was just a bit naive about us rather than anything else. At least he tried to get us playing football and keeping hold of the football.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2012, 11:37:20 AM »
O'Leary and Judas tied in first place.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »
O'Leary. Depressing times. I don't wish to think about it any more.

Offline HK Villan

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »
It has to be DOL by several country miles. 

The question is who winds you up the most. 

TSM was just useless. 

MON had his faults but had respect for the club and fans, mostly talked sense and produced good results. 

GH made a few gaffs but was nowhere near as bad as DOL.   

He's way out in front (or behind, depending on your perspective) - just hearing his name raises my blood pressure.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2012, 01:19:04 AM »
It's still o'leary. The cocksocket.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal