collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Holte End Flags  (Read 7213 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Holte End Flags
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 03:18:49 PM »
Better example here. Obviously for this to work at Villa Park you'd need a song which is something that's been lacking for far too long.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »
Didn't Brighton do something like that when they came to Villa Park on FA Cup 3rd round day a few years back? They had both the normal two tiers in the Doug Ellis and the entire North Stand upper and I seem to recall them singing to each other.

They did. Sounded quite good as well. I was in the Lower Holte and it was pretty loud. No idea what they were singing mind.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »
Arsenal used to do the same at the Library - we are the North Bank, we are the North Bank of Highbury (cue South Bank sing equivalent). Would work with Holte End and North (Witton) Stand/End?

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »
I might be mis-remembering but I seem to rememember a shout of "Big Fat Rons Claret & Blue Army" from the Holte was answered with "AVFC" by the rest of the ground. As I say, it was a few years ago now!

Was at the Community Shield match at the weekend - fair amount of noise generated out of the Trinity by the City fans - would be very intimidating to the away fans if we could get that amount of noise going right at them.

Offline GJH

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »
Bring back the 12th man atmosphere. Not many places louder on a big match day than the Holte End. Flags everywhere would be great!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »
Legion and I met with a few guys from the Villa a few summers ago, and handed over this flag whic they said they were going to use in lower North Stand once they had given it a full fire-proofing/health and safety test...

Never seen it since.

I'll chase it up.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 10:20:17 PM »
[quote author=McGraths Dry Cleaning
Was at the Community Shield match at the weekend - fair amount of noise generated out of the Trinity by the City fans - would be very intimidating to the away fans if we could get that amount of noise going right at them.
[/quote]

Will get A2 stomping and howling* for you...

*Howling "stop shouting at the Villa manager" if last season was anything to go by

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal