collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Skerra
[Today at 12:18:27 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by john2710
[Today at 12:11:45 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 12:07:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stan update  (Read 30980 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Stan update
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 10:42:47 PM »
What it means is that the first round of treatment has been a success but there's a long way to go before he can be said to be free of the disease. The normal course of events, or at least what has happened to Leukemia sufferers that I know, would be to follow up the chemotherapy with a bone marrow transplant from a matching donor. They usually reckon about 12 months treatment from start to finish for a typical sufferer (although a fit sportsmen is probably not a typical sufferer) so although this is good news and a great start there is still a way to go before we can say for certain that he's cured.

I'll just add as a disclaimer that I'm not a doctor and am just speaking from experience of people who I have met over the past few months and that it is entirely possible that other cases might take a different course entirely.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 10:44:10 PM »
Great news, keep on fighting Stan, we're all behind you.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 10:46:36 PM »
Brilliant news.
Keep fighting skip.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 11:00:58 PM »
What it means is that the first round of treatment has been a success but there's a long way to go before he can be said to be free of the disease. The normal course of events, or at least what has happened to Leukemia sufferers that I know, would be to follow up the chemotherapy with a bone marrow transplant from a matching donor. They usually reckon about 12 months treatment from start to finish for a typical sufferer (although a fit sportsmen is probably not a typical sufferer) so although this is good news and a great start there is still a way to go before we can say for certain that he's cured.

I'll just add as a disclaimer that I'm not a doctor and am just speaking from experience of people who I have met over the past few months and that it is entirely possible that other cases might take a different course entirely.

Thanks for the info, Chris. I wasn't entirely sure what it meant, so that's made it a lot clearer.

Good start for Stan, excellent stuff.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 11:57:38 PM »
Fantastic news, keep going Stan. Imspirational, will give the club a further lift, so so pleased for a nice guy

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 11:58:20 PM »
Hopefully it's great news. Keep up the fight Captain.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 01:16:22 AM »
Really superb news. The 19th minute thing has taken on a wonderful life of its own too. Good luck Stan.

Online nigel

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 07:55:04 AM »

Thanks for the info, Chris. I wasn't entirely sure what it meant, so that's made it a lot clearer.

Good start for Stan, excellent stuff.

That pretty much hits the nail on the head Chris.
My sister in law worked on the cancer unit for many years and said very much along the same lines, she did go into greater detail but I won't bore you all.
There are a couple of variants of leukemia, so it depends on which one Stan has.
It will help with him being a fit sportsman.
It's a long way to go, and I'm sure there'll be many ups and downs along the way.

Stan has 100% of Villa fans united in support of him.
Fingers, and anything else, crossed that the good news keeps coming.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 08:34:12 AM »

I keep thinking Geoff Thomas and Bob Champion they made a sucessful recovery from this awful illness (and thats probably the wrong word.)

Its good news for Stan and his wife. Lets hope the positive news keeps coming.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »
That's brilliant news keep fighting Stan.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 09:26:13 AM »
That's great news about Stan. Here's hoping the great news continues.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
Great news.
Not an expert on remission but him off Breaking Bad went into remission in season 1 and they're on season 5 now so it must be good.

Same logic I used. I wonder if Stan will sell me any crystal...

In all seriousness, this is amazing to hear, keep going Staniel - we love you.

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 09:41:55 AM »
Good luck Stan. We are all behind you.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »
Heard this last night via my eldest son. Great news. #19prayforstan

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
I've just been told by a reliable source that he's in remission. Best news of the day.

That's brilliant news. Wishing Stan continued strength on the journey back to full health.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal