collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Concrete Ron deal done  (Read 175960 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Concrete Ron deal done
« Reply #750 on: October 08, 2012, 01:58:28 PM »
Feyenoord fans said he had a chronic five game spell last season before coming back and looking majestic.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #751 on: October 08, 2012, 02:02:20 PM »
I like him, I think overall he is very good and will improve as he grows accustomed to the league.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #752 on: October 08, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
I'm more worried about Clark.

Offline Aston Villa

« Reply #753 on: October 08, 2012, 03:13:52 PM »
I thought he was good against the Tesco Baggies and didn't seem to do anything wrong yesterday. Infact, he has only really had two shockers this season (Everton and Southampton) and the rest of his performances have been decent.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #754 on: October 08, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »
Clark has been called into the Irish squad.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #755 on: October 08, 2012, 07:09:09 PM »
I thought he was good against the Tesco Baggies and didn't seem to do anything wrong yesterday. Infact, he has only really had two shockers this season (Everton and Southampton) and the rest of his performances have been decent.

I didn't think he was good against the Baggies - he was regularly knocked off the ball by Long despite being twice his size, his distribution was panicky which is very unlike him, and positionally he seemed a bit lost.

It would be good to have Dunne back to give us another option - we could play Baker but despite being pretty solid most of the time he's the slowest footballer I've ever witnessed.

Offline Aston Villa

« Reply #756 on: October 08, 2012, 08:05:10 PM »

I didn't think he was good against the Baggies - he was regularly knocked off the ball by Long despite being twice his size, his distribution was panicky which is very unlike him, and positionally he seemed a bit lost.

It would be good to have Dunne back to give us another option - we could play Baker but despite being pretty solid most of the time he's the slowest footballer I've ever witnessed.
I guess it a case of seeing the same thing from two angles. I didn't really notice what you describe. But I see what you mean now I think off it. I noticed the amount of headers won and interceptions during that game. All of centre backs are lacking in pace and a mord pacy CB should probably be on the shopping list in January.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #757 on: October 08, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »

be interesting when dunne is fit. Im not his biggest fan but we need some experience in there and Lambs might bring him in and not to upset clark , move him to Defensive midfielder.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #758 on: October 08, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
Lambert said at one of those fan forum thingys that he didn't see Clark as a central midfielder at all which surprised me.

Didn't realise Dunne injury was that serious, thought he'd be back in contention after these internationals.

Could do with another CB in January methinks, I'd be happy with someone like Dawson.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #759 on: October 08, 2012, 11:07:20 PM »
Lambert said at one of those fan forum thingys that he didn't see Clark as a central midfielder at all which surprised me.

I saw that, too.

I'd go as far to say he didn't just say it, he was really quite emphatic about it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #760 on: October 08, 2012, 11:11:18 PM »
Clark was learning the role last year and struggled at times but he also had games of genuine quality like Chelsea away when he played very well.

Yet again we are struggling for defensive steel in midfield so yeah surprised Lambert has ruled it out.

Offline peter w

« Reply #761 on: October 09, 2012, 11:09:25 PM »
Never been convinced by Clark. I think we will be a lot stronger with Dunne back. Any idea when that should be?

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #762 on: October 10, 2012, 09:40:55 AM »
Never been convinced by Clark. I think we will be a lot stronger with Dunne back. Any idea when that should be?

Irish papers are talking about him being out till New Year

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal