collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Oł est Johnny Deux?  (Read 42666 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Oł est Johnny Deux?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 08:19:08 AM »
He's a Cameroon international with Champs League experience. There's definitely a decent player there somewhere. Hopefully we'll give him a chance and he'll intergrate with the squad better. He was unlucky last season with injuries when on loan so didn't play as much as he/we'd have liked, but hopefully he gets a shot this time round. Lambert will pick whoever impresses him most. Makoun's good on the ball so we'll see.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 08:57:18 AM »
He's a Cameroon international with Champs League experience. There's definitely a decent player there somewhere. Hopefully we'll give him a chance and he'll intergrate with the squad better. He was unlucky last season with injuries when on loan so didn't play as much as he/we'd have liked, but hopefully he gets a shot this time round. Lambert will pick whoever impresses him most. Makoun's good on the ball so we'll see.

Eric Djemba-Djemba was a Cameroon international with Champions League experience.  I just don't think that Makoun has the physical capabilities to be a successful central midfielder in the Premier League.  He's slow and can't tackle, and he must weigh about 6 stone wet through.

Offline supertom

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »

Eric Djemba-Djemba was a Cameroon international with Champions League experience.  I just don't think that Makoun has the physical capabilities to be a successful central midfielder in the Premier League.  He's slow and can't tackle, and he must weigh about 6 stone wet through.
The problem with Eric was that he was twins, but he only ever sent the shit Eric twin out on the pitch. I've seen more ability from Makoun so far than Djemba and Djemba for that matter.

I hope he gets a shot. My gut feeling is like yours though, I think Lambert will move him on. As others have said, if we're sniffing round the French league he'll probably end up a makeweight.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »

The Djemba twins had a total of 21 mins of Chumps League experience between them.  Makoun has appeared in more than 50 matches on his own.  Some players take more time to settle into the English game, he's hardly been given an extended run in the team.  Worth another chance.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 09:21:19 AM »
I'm happy for him to come back and let Bertie decide.

If he thinks he's worth a shot then fair enough, but if not then we have say that'd be 3 (4 if you include Gary Mac) managers who didn't seem to rate him enough to play him, including the bloke who signed him!

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08:52 AM »
It doesn't seem to me that he has had much of a fair crack yet.

I liked the little that I saw, since he seemed quite able to control the ball and pass to a team mate without much difficulty.

Probably why TSM got shot of him.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
I'm happy for him to come back and let Bertie decide.

If he thinks he's worth a shot then fair enough, but if not then we have say that'd be 3 (4 if you include Gary Mac) managers who didn't seem to rate him enough to play him, including the bloke who signed him!

That's a touch unfair, Houllier played him a fair few times, but a ban then houllier being ill restricted the chances for him to pick him.  Didn't he have an injury as well?

Aside from that signings from abroad in January rarely set the league alight, he needed games at the start of last season to be judged on, but tsm didn't fancy him so he never got the chance.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »

I think we had this debate before, the fact he didn't make many tackles doesn't mean he can't, it might just mean he prefers to intercept, stay on his feet, put the player under pressure etc.   He's got more physical presence than Modric and Silva, for example, and they used to say Le Tissier and Hoddle were slow and couldn't tackle.  If he turns out half as good as any of them he'll be worth it.  I thought he looked good and I think if Lambert is planning a pass and move philosophy (God I hope so) then he'll fit in nicely.

Offline Risso

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »
Le Tissier and Hoddle couldn't tackle, but they weren't far short of being world class at other areas of the game.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »
I hope he does well, I like the style of play we'll adopt if he succeeds. I doubt it though.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 07:16:41 PM »
I genuinely think when PL gets Makoun back in training he is going to be very happy. Makoun has vast experience (scoring a goal that helped put Real Madrid out the champions league) He has hardly any chance to find some confidence at Villa and the first time he did against Man Utd he was world class. Lambert will be on his wave length and Makoun will give him a great option when he wants to change strategies ....... 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 07:41:48 PM »
Makoun plays the way Lambert wants to play. That's a great start. If he comes back and finds a manager that is willing to believe in him then he'll flourish. I suppose looking back the writing was on the wall for all of us when TSM shipped him out immediately. In hindsight it gave us all the info we needed as to how the season was likely going to play out.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »
I liked what I saw when he came.  Looked comfortable of the ball, could pick a pass and had good positional awareness.  Accept what has been said about pace and tackling, but whether those are necessesities depends on who he is paired with.  I'd be happy to see him given a second chance.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »
I liked what I saw when he came.  Looked comfortable of the ball, could pick a pass and had good positional awareness.  Accept what has been said about pace and tackling, but whether those are necessesities depends on who he is paired with.  I'd be happy to see him given a second chance.

I really think you've hit the nail on the head there. He can pass and works hard, so Lambert will like him. Certainly deserves a second chance.

Offline Risso

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »

I really think you've hit the nail on the head there. He can pass and works hard, so Lambert will like him. Certainly deserves a second chance.

In what way does he work hard?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal