collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matt Lowton signs  (Read 26506 times)

Offline DeKuip

Re: Matt Lowton Set To Sign
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »
Welcome Matt.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »
I like that the mail have superimposed Lowton on the VP background, but not the villa shirt on Lowton.  Lazy photographic journalism.  If they had would that have been good enough for ITSOTP?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
what do the Shef Utd fans have to say about him ?

Offline Summers

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »
Good signing. Young, hungry and talented players from the lower leagues are finally on our radar. 3m for a kid who could be better for Naughton, or Naughton for 6. Easy decision for me.

On the Hutton note, I do find it weird he hasn't been seen in any of the photos. :\

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 01:27:36 PM »
Seems like a good move to me.  I'd imagine we at least enquired about Naughton and Clyne as well, but ended up with Lowton as he prsented the best value for money.  If so, well done to all concerned.

And welcome, Matt!

Offline Summers

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »

Sheff Utd fans (from two forums I checked) seem happy with getting 3m for him. A few reckon he's not good enough for the Prem, some say his attacking and creativity is good (as is his eye for goal) but his defending lets him down. General consensus I'd say is that while he's a good player and did well for them they're thrilled with the price and aren't sure he can step up to our level.

You also get the odd person showing complete outrage at losing a fantastic young talent.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
Good, young, English, hard working Right Back. But I'm not convinced he's that much better than Hutton. Time will tell though, and at his age he can only get better!

Chips, my dog is better than Hutton. In all likelihood you and I could a better job, and do as good a job having nailed ten pints. You'd think Hutton was completely wankered when he plays given that he's tackling thin air half the time.

hehe, well I know Hutton's a piss-poor excuse for a player, but Lowton hasn't played in the standard of the Premier League yet! Not to say I think he's going to be poor, and worse than Hutton, I'm just curious and excited to see how he does.

Welcome to the Jungle, Matt!

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »
This is from the Sheffield Utd Web site , apparently he has played for Ferencvaros in Hungary ( sister Club to the Blades ) , I believe he played against us in the F.A.Cup last year . Good signing IMHO .....Godzvilla ! .

Name:    Matthew Lowton
Nationality:    English
Date of Birth:    09/06/1989
Height:   5' 11" (180cm)
Weight:   12st 4lbs (78.0kg)
Position:    Defender

A local lad and a product of the Blades Academy, Matt signed a new long-term contract with the Blades in the summer of 2011. He is a tall, quick defender who can operate in a number of roles across the backline or in midfield - he made his United debut as a late substitute in March 2010, at Cardiff.

He progressed through the ranks at Bramall Lane and also gained experience with loan spells at Sheffield FC and United's sister club in Hungary, Ferencvaros, impressing as he helped them to win promotion to the top flight.
Season 2011 - 12

Offline Jim Shoes

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »
Good signing. Young, hungry and talented players from the lower leagues are finally on our radar. 3m for a kid who could be better for Naughton, or Naughton for 6. Easy decision for me.

On the Hutton note, I do find it weird he hasn't been seen in any of the photos. :\

I think Hutton is still injured which could make it difficult to get rid of the useless twat.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 01:55:53 PM »
The forum I saw thought he was better than Naughton, not as good as Walker.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 01:56:21 PM »
Alan Hutton is not good enough, but I still enjoyed the "reducer" he put on Shane Long....Baggie twat

UTV
The Doc

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »

Sheff Utd fans (from two forums I checked) seem happy with getting 3m for him. A few reckon he's not good enough for the Prem, some say his attacking and creativity is good (as is his eye for goal) but his defending lets him down. General consensus I'd say is that while he's a good player and did well for them they're thrilled with the price and aren't sure he can step up to our level.

Quite concerning reading their forums. They'd have been happy with £1m, only expect him to make 5 appearances next season and others doubting he will make the step up. They did expect to sell him this summer but thought it would be to a top half Championship club.

Maybe we'll still be seeing Hutton at right back next season.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »
We will see I guess, but Hutton is a shambles, and Lichaz quite solid, so I would imagine if he is in a fight for a place with Lichaz following the flogging of Hutton, we will be ok. Lambert has obviously seen something, and the 3m is undisclosed, could be up to 3m based on appearances etc, which is the norm for young players making the step up.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »
I'm positive about this and my Sheff Utd supporting mate says he's got great potential.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »
I'm sure when Leighton Baines joined Everton from Wigan or Walker and Naughton joined Spurs for more than what we just paid there were similar comments. I'd sooner trust Paul Lambert's judgement on a player than some internet warriors. Nobody would have seen Kyle Walker develop as he has. Certainly very few would have seen Baines become one of the best LB's around because if they had he'd have been picked up by a bigger club than Everton. Let's give it time and see why Lambert who has a good track record with lower league players has signed him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal