collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nominated your Villa song for the 2012/13 season  (Read 27503 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Nominated your Villa song for the 2012/13 season
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 09:41:45 PM »
Only one song for me.

And it's Aston Villa,
Aston Villa F.C.
We're by far the greatest team,
The world has ever seen ...........................................

How long you been going? i missed the original way we sung the song.

'We're by faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr the greatest, the world's eeeeeeeeevvvvver seen...'

if you heaven't heard it or forgotten it check out the Villa - Barcelona 83 highlights on YouTube and you'll hear it sung the way only we used to. With a  bit of originality.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »
Somebody with eleven posts to his name telling us to be positive is a bit rich.   This old bollox has been going on for sixty five years to my knowledge and took the form in the early days of mangling the english language to rhyme the names of the teams we had recently defeated.   One classic circa 1952 and printed on Sports Argus paper bore the legendary refrain "goodbye Bristol City, farewell Middles Bro, Its a long long way to go to Wembley, but we'll get there I know"   We then drew Rotherham in the next round and the whole thing imploded.

Club songs are like laughter, they are spontaneous or meaningless.

You just took me back to 1975 and Wembley and my Dad singing something similar to that about the '57 run. He hated Albion and I can see him now singing 'goodbye West Bromwich Albion, farewell Burnley to' silly old sod, although he was my age then. Sigh.... I miss him.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »
Surely Holte Enders in the sky is 'our song'? It's one of the few main ones I can think of that's exclusive to us and sung at every game.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 11:31:03 PM »
It's time we sang 'A knock-kneed chicken and a bow-legged hen' again.
That was always very positive.

Offline KRS

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:51 PM »
How about a return of the wonderful..."I would rather be a sausage than an egg"

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 12:19:48 AM »
Call round any old time,
Call at Villa Park.
The board of directors will show you around.
In Aston they're singing 'We're Wembley bound.'
Steeped in tradition are we,
Seven times we've won the Cup.
So come on you fans, from terrace and stands,
Sing 'It's up the Villa, up!'

To the tune of 'Call round any old time', surprisingly enough.

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 12:21:58 AM »
How about a return of the wonderful..."I would rather be a sausage than an egg"

I once heard "I'd rather be a 'nana than an orange" from one old fellow in the Holte against Blackpool.

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 12:28:13 AM »
Call round any old time,
Call at Villa Park.
The board of directors will show you around.
In Aston they're singing 'We're Wembley bound.'
Steeped in tradition are we,
Seven times we've won the Cup.
So come on you fans, from terrace and stands,
Sing 'It's up the Villa, up!'

To the tune of 'Call round any old time', surprisingly enough.
Chorus starts just over 1 minute in:

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 06:00:32 AM »
I admire the enthusiasm but hasn't this been attempted before? And haven't we had some wannabe record a villa song? Anyway, I'm interested to see how this fella can get a fit woman to lay backing tracks so it can be used as a ringtone. Let's take a small step here, so post the picture of the fit woman and let us decide if she is fit before we continue. Preferably in a position so that we can decide if she is commando or wearing tights

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
"I will put all of the songs recorded on you tube which will mean that people will be able to download them (using RealPlayer or similar program as an MP3 straight onto their phones) all for free."

People appear to be missing the point, its just a bit of fun, all I wanted was people to nominated a song just for the 2012/13 season.

All the posts so far have been pretty poor in term of coming up with songs ( which probably explain why we don't have one ) however I hope that people  are thinking about it and the posts in the next few day will come up with a few good suggestion

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 08:44:17 AM »
Well if I had to start a new song I'd be stealing Man Citeh's gimmick a little bit.

'He was stuck with Deliah Smith,
But now he's in B6!
Paul Lambert, Oh Oh Oh,
Paul Lambert, Oh Oh Oh,'

Repeat until vocal chords collapse.

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 08:57:03 AM »

All the posts so far have been pretty poor in term of coming up with songs ( which probably explain why we don't have one ) however I hope that people  are thinking about it and the posts in the next few day will come up with a few good suggestion

Thanks very fucking much. If you had been on a coach/train, or in the home end at an away ground, in the 70s with everyone singing 'a knock-kneed chicken' or in the 60s belting out 'call round any old time' you wouldn't think it was poor.

Like a school report. Must improve!

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »
"I will put all of the songs recorded on you tube which will mean that people will be able to download them (using RealPlayer or similar program as an MP3 straight onto their phones) all for free."

People appear to be missing the point, its just a bit of fun, all I wanted was people to nominated a song just for the 2012/13 season.

Who the fuck are you?

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 09:12:52 AM »

Who the fuck are you?

Shouldn't that be

"Who the fucking hell are you,
who the fucking hell are you".

Good song, I'd like to nominate it.

Offline nigel

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »
Only one song for me.

And it's Aston Villa,
Aston Villa F.C.
We're by far the greatest team,
The world has ever seen ...........................................

How long you been going? i missed the original way we sung the song.

'We're by faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr the greatest, the world's eeeeeeeeevvvvver seen...'

if you heaven't heard it or forgotten it check out the Villa - Barcelona 83 highlights on YouTube and you'll hear it sung the way only we used to. With a  bit of originality.

Think you're being a touch pick on the amount of a's and e's PW  :D
I was a regular from '70 - '83 then had a break as I was p**sed of with Ellis and other. I was at the Barcalona game.
So I used to be there when Villa Park was a noisy place

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal