collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nominated your Villa song for the 2012/13 season  (Read 27507 times)

Offline Londonvilla

Nominated your Villa song for the 2012/13 season
« on: July 03, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »
Nominated your Villa song for the 2012/13 season

Modify message..... Just came across this site on-line

DELETED. PLEASE CONTACT MAC OR MARTIN FOR AD RATES

Should we change the plan and just get better recording of existing songs???

Being a Villa fan can often be very confusing especially when you look at the fact that smaller clubs than us have their own song and Villa fans love to sing. I have been at Villa Park where we have song different versions of “claret and blue Army” for over 15 min and the villa away supporters always sing their hearts out, irrespective of the dross that was served up to them by the players. I especially remember a league cup game away at Chelsea where on the tube journey home, I heard Chelsea fans talking about the fact that they had battered us but would have swapped victory if they could have been part of a crowd that would sing solidly for 25 min, which was what the Villa fans had done.

It has always been difficult to find a couple of songs that the Villa fans can get behind which do not include bad language, have not been used by someone else, have no references to Birmingham city, and have a popular tune or a simple chorus.

In saying that we've always been good at having a tune / song for a season or that is in praise of one player (it's up to you Dwight Yorke, Dwight Yorke, or John Carew, Carew he's bigger than me or you, or Paul McGrath my Lord Paul McGrath). This would indicate to me that the Villa fans have the desire, invention, and voices to belt out great songs but what we are missing is the coordination, planning and invention needed to successfully put a song in place.

Bearing all of this in mind, and the fact that I, like most Villa fans feel very positive about our prospects for next season, I had a conversation with a  woman from my office who is also a professional singer, she said that if I could come up with a song then she would get the backing track and record it for me, which I could then use as my ringtone for next season. The big advantage of this would be she could change the lyrics of the song if required. Unfortunately the only song I could come up with was “Doing the Lambert walk” to the tune of “Doing the Lambeth walk.” Her response was to say “was that the best I could do?” I explained that I would post something on the heroes and villains website, (the brain trust) asking people to come up with three or four songs that she could record and then I would post them on the site so that people could download them.

The plan

So what I need people to do is to come up with popular songs that can be our anthem for next season. They can either be popular tunes with choruses that people can sing along to (which are inspiring bearing in mind most clubs anthems do not mention the teams name). Alternatively if you choose to change the lyrics on a popular tune please include the alternative words in your post so that she can insert them into the song. She has a jazzy/rhythm and blues/R&B, type voice .

If we get a decent response I will ask her to record four or five different songs and then I will put them on the site with a poll so that people can vote for which one will be the heroes and villains official Villa anthem  for the 2012/13 season.

I will put all of the songs recorded on you tube which will mean that people will be able to download them (using RealPlayer or similar program as an MP3 straight onto their phones) all for free.

So the question is, are we up for it? Can we be creative? If not us, who? If not now, when? The time is right for us to start this new era with a new song, and so, my fellow villa fans: ask not what your team can do for you — ask what you can do for your team.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:30:35 PM by Legion »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Nominated your Villa song for the 2012/13 season
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in.

That's not a nomination BTW.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »
Thanks for that ……  not
If you can’t be positive please don’t post

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »
Londonvilla, did you miss the entire "let's get The Bells are Ringing back" campaign from last season?

Online nigel

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »
Only one song for me.

And it's Aston Villa,
Aston Villa F.C.
We're by far the greatest team,
The world has ever seen ...........................................

I will add though regarding "....and Villa fans love to sing. I have been at Villa Park where we have song different versions of “claret and blue Army” for over 15 min and the villa away supporters always sing their hearts out"

Over the past 2 seasons of home games I can't remember us singing for 15 in 90 mins let alone in one go. In fact at times last season Villa Park was like a library
Maybe Paul Lambert will get our vocal chords working again.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »
One (insert player's name here), there's ony one (repeat aforementioned player's name)...

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:52:49 PM »
Come on lads, didn't you read his second post? Positive posts only.

Now, great idea London, I nominate 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'.

Offline Legion

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 06:53:07 PM »
On a more serious note, couldn't you contact the Brigada bunch as they have a similar agenda.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
And cnut of the night award goes to.... Percy McCarthy. Fair play though son, a bit of arse never hurt anyone. Back to the original post, I can't get karim el ahmadi to the time of rock the kazbah out of my head after reading it on here [copyright Mazrim iirc]

Offline Rob92

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »
You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in.

That's not a nomination BTW.

Raised a chuckle  ;D

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Keep Right On lets add insult to injury and start singing KRO again.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 09:33:51 PM »
Fuck me this is one wired thread.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 09:34:44 PM »
Somebody with eleven posts to his name telling us to be positive is a bit rich.   This old bollox has been going on for sixty five years to my knowledge and took the form in the early days of mangling the english language to rhyme the names of the teams we had recently defeated.   One classic circa 1952 and printed on Sports Argus paper bore the legendary refrain "goodbye Bristol City, farewell Middles Bro, Its a long long way to go to Wembley, but we'll get there I know"   We then drew Rotherham in the next round and the whole thing imploded.

Club songs are like laughter, they are spontaneous or meaningless.

Offline Legion

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »

Club songs are like laughter, they are spontaneous or meaningless.

Very true. Spontaneous or contrived.

Offline Legion

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 09:38:49 PM »
One example:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal