collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Culverhouse and Karsa to join the Coaching Staff  (Read 21567 times)

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
Re: Culverhouse and Karsa to join the Coaching Staff
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »
Imagine having to watch DVDs of Villa from last season. You would be swinging from a joist by a length of flex

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
Don't really know much about them in a coaching way but welcome aboard

They are very highly rated by the Norwich fans, especially Culverhouse, who appears to be the footballing brain with Lambert as Mr Motivator. As one Norwich fan put it, "without Culverhouse, Villa have bought a very expensive car without an engine".

I found this that may explain how Lambert's backroom team work:

Karsa's role is to look at the videos. He is the most expensive fella ever to lie in bed all day, but he is worth every penny. He knows every move that every player has made in every league he has worked in. The guy also has a photographic memory and Lambert will be lost without him. He is the key member of staff at the club. His job is to work out the strengths and weaknesses of every opposition team and player.

He forwards the template to Culverhouse and Cully sets up the team to attack the opposition weaknesses and rebutt the opposition strengths.

Lambert had the easy job. He motivated the players before kick-off and at half-time, picked the team and the transfer targets, the latter with Cully. All this unrequited love for Lambert from the Canary faithful was completely misplaced. It should be 'there's only one Gary Karsa'. City's strength was a tightly knit management team.

The more i hear the more excited i become about the new season - fucking bring it on

My thoughts exactly !!!!!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:19 PM »
For some reason I read this and had a flashback of a picture of Sir Brian Little standing together with Allan Evans and John Gregory. Everything about this off season has filled me with hope and optimism.

Offline nigel

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
For some reason I read this and had a flashback of a picture of Sir Brian Little standing together with Allan Evans and John Gregory. Everything about this off season has filled me with hope and optimism.

Ditto

In many ways, this is more important than any player transfer.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
Imagine having to watch DVDs of Villa from last season. You would be swinging from a joist by a length of flex

On the bright side, you'd only need to watch one match, it was the same miserable fucking story, week in, week out.

Offline KRS

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »
Backroom staff completed as we all hoped it would.
Welcome aboard gentleman :)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
Karsa sounds like the guy Jonah Hill plays in Moneyball.

He's looking to "Greek God of Defending Corners"

Yoooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuk !!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »

On the bright side, you'd only need to watch one match, it was the same miserable fucking story, week in, week out.

It would completely explain why Lambert feels he knows what players we need straight away though, as the 3 of them will have clearly discussed us in depth before our game last season, and we are all kidding ourselves if Culverhouse, Karsa and Lambert have not been planning together for the last few weeks.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »

It would completely explain why Lambert feels he knows what players we need straight away though, as the 3 of them will have clearly discussed us in depth before our game last season, and we are all kidding ourselves if Culverhouse, Karsa and Lambert have not been planning together for the last few weeks.

very much agree. They are very close and this has been on the cards for a while. It's been a little quiet on the coaching situation front but you'd be quite naive to think they haven't been going over everything together over the past few weeks. I get the impression that Lambert and his staff are very detailed orientated and will have identified a lot of things that need to change or that can work with better coaching and motivation. The latter doesn't apply to Alan Hutton.

Offline villanois

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 04:01:44 PM »
Or Sir Graham, Steve Harrison, and John Ward

Offline Shaun Teales mom

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 04:49:42 PM »
Sorry if I've missed something here but is this official have we actually got them?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:05 PM »
Not yet, Mrs T.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »

Wasn't it Sir Graham, Steve Harrison and Dennis Booth originally, then John Ward replaced SH when he returned to Watford as manager? Obviously anyone who's party piece to relax the players is putting a paper cup on the floor and then curling one out into it whilst standing on a hotel bed is a big loss. Although the FA weren't impressed when he was SGT's England coach and sacked him for it. Nice trivia question, which England number two got sacked for publically doing one.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »

Wasn't it Sir Graham, Steve Harrison and Dennis Booth originally, then John Ward replaced SH when he returned to Watford as manager? Obviously anyone who's party piece to relax the players is putting a paper cup on the floor and then curling one out into it whilst standing on a hotel bed is a big loss. Although the FA weren't impressed when he was SGT's England coach and sacked him for it. Nice trivia question, which England number two got sacked for publically doing one.

I was telling that tale in the pub a couple of weeks ago, much to the wide eyed amusement of two Albion pratts. Although my memory is none to clever. I thought it was from the top of a cupboard into pint glass, but it's just details isn't it?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 06:56:13 PM »
My money's on off a step ladder into a coffee cup.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal