collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Faulkner: Is He Delivering?  (Read 42062 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Paul Faulkner: Is He Delivering?
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »
I would like to think that he is; after what was a shaky time with managerial appointments, a poor kit manufacturer, reducing crowds etc things are gettign better.

We've got a young, determined manager who has been getting better and better results from his teams.

Our kit deal is great, in terms of revenue, design and commitment to the club.

Season ticket sales are going back up.

He's on the FA thingy.

All-in-all I'd say he's becoming more respected in the game as a whole, is handling the marketing etc really well and has sold the club to a manager that had a great playing career and knows how to win (e.g. winning the European Cup).

I'd like to doff my cap.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Paul Faulkner: Is He Delivering?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:47:14 AM »
p.s. he also got rid of Heskey.....

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:47:40 AM »
I'm feeling more positive towards him after the last week.

Was he wearing eye liner in the presser?

Wasn't our revenue at an all time high last year? Or have I got that wrong.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »
The club have started to redeem themselves after a sequence of enormous cock ups. Let's not forget, this time last year, he was sitting next to McLeish, unveling him (well, actually, he wasn't, he didn't turn up for it).

In my mind they (the top management) still have a way to go towards redemption, but it's certainly a start.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:50:57 AM »
The club have started to redeem themselves after a sequence of enormous cock ups. Let's not forget, this time last year, he was sitting next to McLeish, unveling him (well, actually, he wasn't, he didn't turn up for it).

In my mind they (the top management) still have a way to go towards redemption, but it's certainly a start.

I agree with that, it's going the right way.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »
He certainly did chicken out of the McLeish presser last year

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:53:44 AM »
There's also the fact that the savagery of the cost cutting process last season, plus the shit appointment, led to us being really quite lucky not to get relegated.

The scale of the deterioration since O'Neill left is pretty shocking all-round. It is their job to manage the growth of the club, and judged against that, it looks really, reallly poor.

Offline AvFc4eVeR

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
We all make mistakes.

The key is to learn from them.

PF seems to be learning, I can forgive.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
We'll be able to tell if he's any good if he learns from his mistakes and puts things right. TSM was a shockingly stupid appointment, but Lambert is a huge step in the right direction. Let's see if Faulkner can persuade Lerner to part with some more of his money and invest in the team, because we're going to see more of the same dross on the pitch (albeit much less horrific) unless we hack back then strengthen.   

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 12:01:29 PM »
The only reason Paul Faulkner is actually ever spoke about is due to the last two seasons.Had we had a team that were playing well there'd be a vast number of fans who wouldn't know who Faulkner was if they tripped over him. I, along with seemingly the majority of fans am delighted with the appointment of Lambert. However, should it go tits up then Faulkner will once again be in the spotlight. If we do well he won't be mentioned.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 12:07:07 PM »
I think the man has come up trumps in every way since the final whistle of last season, and certainly in additon to the Genting and Macron deals. It's been very easy to criticise him for many things in the past two years, but some of it has been completely unjust and beyond his control. I really think that he and Randy have taken stock of many things in the past few months and there is a very different feeling about the club. My thinking is Randy was affected by how people began to perceive him and he will show his support for the manager again this summer. Work had to be done to the wage bill and TSM in some ways was the bloke that got sacrificed in all that. Still now, with a fresh start, healthier finances and superb managerial appointment the club is on the up again. Fair play to Faulkner and also Randy for not allowing the mess to continue and for doing something about it.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 12:22:10 PM »
In terms of the business and marketing side of things I think he has done a superb job of selling the Aston Villa "brand". I feel where he struggles is on the footballing side. We dont seem to have anyone on the board who has that sort experience.

It looks like he is learning fast though and is only 33 so fair play to him as its a big job.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 01:04:56 PM »
In terms of the business and marketing side of things I think he has done a superb job of selling the Aston Villa "brand". I feel where he struggles is on the footballing side. We dont seem to have anyone on the board who has that sort experience.

It looks like he is learning fast though and is only 33 so fair play to him as its a big job.

This.  I still feel we need someone with a football head on the board. 

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 01:06:31 PM »
There's also the fact that the savagery of the cost cutting process last season, plus the shit appointment, led to us being really quite lucky not to get relegated.

The scale of the deterioration since O'Neill left is pretty shocking all-round. It is their job to manage the growth of the club, and judged against that, it looks really, reallly poor.
I sometimes wonder if like me and quite many others RL and PF believed the hype and this midas touch thing which surrounded MON. After a while they probably wondered what was going on and had to act and when they did it was all a bit late and also they probably went around it in the wrong way. After it had happened they were left in a right mess and didn't really know what to do. I still do not and I'm sure deep down they will not know what happened as regards appointing TSM.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 01:07:20 PM »
If he has any freebies or invites to hospitality days going, i'll certainly be on his side.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal