collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Expectations for the Villa manager  (Read 33600 times)

Offline richardhubbard

Re: Expectations for the Villa manager
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 12:56:18 PM »
Just freshen it up, get the best out of herd, gardner, clark etc and play good football

10th and a cup run but we a really positive start after last 2 years of utter utter shite

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »
Play to win.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »
1. To try to win every game his team plays
2. To build a team of players who are proud to play for the Villa and represent the people watching them (this includes getting rid of Dunne, Collins, Warnock and the like quick smart)
3. To conduct himself in a way befitting the manager of the greatest foootball team on earth, with class and dignity

Other than that, top 8 and a decent run in a cup would do the job for the first season.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »
Build something that is actually sustainable, based on hard work, skill and entertaining that includes passing the bloody ball. For the thicko out there, that doesn't mean we have to play like Barcelona, just practicing good habits that lead to success. I'm convinced Lambert is exactly what we need and we are perfect for him, we'll grow together.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:27:52 PM by Rudy Lambert »

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »
Give me £520's worth of entertaining and quality football at Villa Park this season. If I was only interested in the result I'd sit at home and watch on ceefax.

Offline nigel

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 01:13:39 PM »
I agree we were woefully mismanaged last season. I dont think we need to buy many players at all. A striker obviously and Grant Holt would fit the bill. a Roy Keane type leader in the middle of the park for the kids to play around and one or two competent defenders would help. That's just four players required. Out with Warnock, Collins, Hutton, and Dunne and comfortable top 8 no problem. With all out attacking play some 5-4 wins and some 4-5 losses but very entertaining and good value for money football.
4 in and 4 out?
A big problem we had last season was squad size and strength.
I think we should be looking to be bringing in around 8.
I agree with the 4 out, and, yes, a midfield leader and 2 quality defenders too. We'll have Holman, who should be playing straight off, but I reckon we should also be looking at 5 good quality squad players. Holt does fit into that.

Offline supertom

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 01:14:31 PM »
3-4 good signings and we could get 7th-10th. We could perhaps catch back up with Everton and Newcastle, who won't repeat what the did last season. I think we need a minimum target of 50 points. Villa should never be getting less than that. Never.
I think below the top 5, it'll be tight between 4-5 clubs this year potentially and I'd want us to be one of those.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »
Rebuilding every 4 years or so is part of our dna,so i hope he can clean out the remaining deadwood,help to bring some of the better youngsters,excited to see how Carruthers developes.

4 or 5 intelligent signings,a half decent cup run,taking the game to the better teams at home,9-12 finish would be a big step in the right direction.

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 01:28:54 PM »
I'll be very happy to see us go toe to toe with every team we play and more than that, play some exciting football. I don't mind us losing 4-3 if we have a go, but I want to see the players giving it a good go. Can't wait to get the season going now.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
Lambert has to look into the eyes of the experienced players in the squad and ask if they really want to win or are here just for the money.  We have too many that are just drifting.

One of the first players he should buy is a team captain.  Somebody that is respected and can inspire others.  Killing two birds with one stone would mean that he could either be a strong central defender or a driving force in the middle of the field.

I believe we have a nucleus of players that are good enough and now we have a tactically astute manager that will get the best out of them.

I would like to think that we can finish top ten but the main thing is to build a sustainable platform for the future and a 1st team that can welcome young players with a seamless transition.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
Top 10 and a cup run and then we can take it from there.
The main task is to produce reasonably entertaining, watchable football, which is much needed after the complete toilet we were served up last season.

Take stock of all the players and then decide which areas need strengthening, it's vital that Lerner backs him with a decent transfer budget, say £20m + proceeds from the dead wood.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »

One of the first players he should buy is a team captain.  Somebody that is respected and can inspire others.  Killing two birds with one stone would mean that he could either be a strong central defender or a driving force in the middle of the field.

I was thinking of this,we need a big man mountain defender in the Olaf,Laursen mold,a good player and a leader of men.

Offline Dr_Fegg

• GM : 09.08.2015
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »
To look forward to going to the match again would be enough for me.

Sums up my feelings exactly!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 01:45:53 PM »
An important task is to replace the shitter than shit full backs.
I'll be more than delighted if I never have to see Mutton and the Diddy fuckwit in Villa shirts again.

Offline mal

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »
I'd like him to drink more whisky so he has a big red nose and still be here in 20 years time saying things like 'I really hated the time when Man Utd dominated English football and my 21st League win together with the 5 European cup wins puts us ahead by most people's standards. The only thing I have left to do is win F.A. Cup...'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal