collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Des Bremner article.  (Read 12148 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: Des Bremner article.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 08:34:49 PM »
Thanks for posting the article

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 09:16:04 AM »
Do like the fact that I have the same surname as he does. As fairly obscure as it is outside Scotland, bet people still get it wrong for him too: Bremna, Brenda, Bremmer.

Great read, played a vital role and seems a cracking bloke.

Offline charlie

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »
I think Des lives in the Walmley area, often see him in the Post Office, still a very smart bloke and extremely pleasant. A genuine top man in the title and European teams, far more than reliable. Des in our present team would be invaluable............., as would Gary, Dennis, Ken, Alan, Kenny, either left back, Sid, ........ Tony.. Eamon God rest him, much underrated, much skill, bloody professional, fun to watch, just like last year was'nt.

Offline 5ft811st2 Durham

• Durham
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:50 AM »
Interesting article, but to call  Geordie terrible is ridiculous.

For me it's a charming film, and as an early colour film does full justice to the  scenery around Aberfoyle which  is absolutely stunning

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »
Des is a great bloke now and was no different at the height of our success. It is brilliant that he is at Villa Park so often these days.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 01:24:12 PM »
Anyone remember his debut at home to Arsenal, 0-0 draw, with Geddis and I think Mike Pejic making their debuts. He looked as if he had never seen a football before, but went on to become a great servant for the club 

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 07:07:43 PM »
Anyone remember his debut at home to Arsenal, 0-0 draw, with Geddis and I think Mike Pejic making their debuts. He looked as if he had never seen a football before, but went on to become a great servant for the club 

I remember that game - it was during a period when we couldn't buy a goal.  Ken McNaught had a perfectly good header disallowed (Terry Weir's picture in the next programme showed conclusive proof that he never had his hands on an Arsenal defender's shoulders that some eejit ref saw fit to blow up for).

It was this month or so of goalless performances that led to the "Villa score, Villa score, Once you get once you'll get more" chant. It was "Knees up Mother Brown " that kept us happy on the Holte  though....

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »
I used to love "Knees up mother Brown" on the old Holte. I used to end up carried down the terrace in the crowd.

Offline Aston Manor

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 12:34:53 AM »

I remember that game - it was during a period when we couldn't buy a goal.  Ken McNaught had a perfectly good header disallowed (Terry Weir's picture in the next programme showed conclusive proof that he never had his hands on an Arsenal defender's shoulders that some eejit ref saw fit to blow up for).

It was this month or so of goalless performances that led to the "Villa score, Villa score, Once you get once you'll get more" chant.

"... we will not be mastered by those cockney bas8ards so score, Viiiiiilla score". Ah, memories.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 09:03:39 AM »

It was this month or so of goalless performances that led to the "Villa score, Villa score, Once you get once you'll get more" chant.

"... we will not be mastered by those cockney bas8ards so score, Viiiiiilla score". Ah, memories.
Also 'we'll see your assembly, when we get to Wembley'.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »

My memory of that version is of the same tune but different poetry::

Fuck em all, fuck em all,
Tottenham, West Ham and Millwall,
We won't be mastered
By no cockney bastards,
So don't fuck one fuck em all

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »
Does anybody know if he still lives locally?

I bought him a pint in Walmley Cricket Club a year or two ago so presume he lives around there as I've also seen him in Carrefour a few times as well.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »
He goes down the match as well, so he probably still lives locally.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »

It was this month or so of goalless performances that led to the "Villa score, Villa score, Once you get once you'll get more" chant. It was "Knees up Mother Brown " that kept us happy on the Holte  though....

I remember it well, lets be fair though and Des will say it himself, he looked like a poor pub player. I thought Sir Ron had lost his senses.

Offline badluckeric(gates)

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 09:25:09 AM »
If I live to be 200 I believe I will never see a better midfield at VP than Des/Sid/Dennis. Top top man.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal