collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Coaching Badges  (Read 9849 times)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Coaching Badges
« on: June 01, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »
It has been mentioned on here on a number of occasions that Lambert did his coaching badges in Germany, often inferring that there is a hope that he will expand his game if he joined Villa (please don't turn this into a Lambert/manager thread).

This made me wonder how these badges are awarded by UEFA?  Has anyone done the badges?  What is the likelihood that they would be different, or have regional variations?  What are the key topics covered etc?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: Coaching Badges
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »
In Germany you drive on the right, but it is still important to wear a white short sleaved shirt with a tie and at least 3 biros in the breast pocket.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
As they are UEFA badges I would think that the same standards apply across the continent.. But it isn't about where you get the badges, more about how you apply what you have learned to your day to day job. 

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 06:26:46 PM »
As they are UEFA badges I would think that the same standards apply across the continent.. But it isn't about where you get the badges, more about how you apply what you have learned to your day to day job. 

Hence why Neville got the England Coaching job

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »

That’s kind of what I figured.  I see little reason why a manager that is trumpeted (see the recent bbc article) as being singles minded will suddenly change his style of football.

Regardless, anymore info regarding the badges would be appreciated.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »

Online lovejoy

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »
On a much lower scale, I did my level 1 FA badges last month as I coach an under 6s team. To be fair it was more work than I expected but very useful both on the practical and admin side. I have to say the FA have clearly put time and effort into this and the respect campaign and anyone who has the chance should do this course.

Offline Archie

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »
In Germany you drive on the right, but it is still important to wear a white short sleaved shirt with a tie and at least 3 biros in the breast pocket.

Eh, eh, nice touch mate, but please note that in the rest of the world we drive on the right!

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 12:43:30 AM »
In Germany......it is still important to wear a white short sleaved shirt with a tie and at least 3 biros in the breast pocket.

In many situations it is obligatory.

Online avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 06:57:00 AM »
I've got the FA Level 1 & 2 badges. Courses were pretty good and the FA have "modernised" the courses over the last 5 years or so. I think once you have them they are good for pretty much everywhere. Levels 3 and 4 are a lot more in depth and as well as the tactical side, they include things like handling high profile players and such like.

It's all about how you put them into practice though I guess.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 07:58:43 AM »
On a much lower scale, I did my level 1 FA badges last month as I coach an under 6s team. To be fair it was more work than I expected but very useful both on the practical and admin side. I have to say the FA have clearly put time and effort into this and the respect campaign and anyone who has the chance should do this course.

Ditto! Did mine a year ago and would love to go for Level 2 - trouble is it means taking time off work!!

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 06:25:05 AM »

Eh, eh, nice touch mate, but please note that in the rest of the world we drive on the right!

Not Down Under in Australia and New Zealand we don't Archie. The old Empire and all that..

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 06:05:12 PM »
Out of interest, who drives on what side of the road - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Driving_standards_historic.svg

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 06:18:30 PM »
I've got the FA Level 1 & 2 badges. Courses were pretty good and the FA have "modernised" the courses over the last 5 years or so. I think once you have them they are good for pretty much everywhere. Levels 3 and 4 are a lot more in depth and as well as the tactical side, they include things like handling high profile players and such like.

It's all about how you put them into practice though I guess.

Can't find it right now but remember reading an article last year on how few coaches in England had the Level 3 or above, something like 3,000. The article made the comparison with the rest of Europe where countries like Spain had something like 32,000.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »
Out of interest, who drives on what side of the road - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Driving_standards_historic.svg

So, what about Antarctica?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal