collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Whelan 'Martinez will go on to manage an Earth XI'  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Whelan 'Martinez will go on to manage an Earth XI'
« on: May 31, 2012, 05:16:38 PM »
sportinginternational.com

Concerns were raised for the health of Wigan supremo Dave Whelan when he stated that he expects his Manager Roberto Martinez to eventually manage a 'Earth's best XI team'

''I'm deadly serious, Roberto has been earmarked for the Aston Villa and Liverpool roles, they're really chicken feed jobs and I think a day will come in the future when we will be challenged by an Intergalactic alien football team, the prize will be the conquest of the Earth and we'll need to put together 11 of the World's finest players, they'll need a top Manager and I think Roberto will fit the bill.''

Whelan claims the realisation of an alien 'winner takes all' game came to him whilst watching 'The Avengers' film at his local cinema.

''It was in that new 3D thing and it got me thinking, I'm certain that there are Alien overlords out there already training strange creatures in the art of the one-two and the curling free kick, I believe they'd have a huge advantage over us as many of them would have eight legs and be comfortable on the ball in all positions. I see the goalkeeper as a large green blob with twelve eyes and that would make it very difficult to find a way past him into the onion bag.''

''We'll need the World's best Manager and I see Roberto as a kind of Nick Fury character, organising skilful, yet complex characters into a victorious outfit. It made me realise how vunerable we may be if Aliens want to take us on at Wembley, who would have the nous to pull the players together?''

Friends and relatives are reportedly growing increasingly worried about Whelan's mental well being and this follows on from last months claims that the escalating cost of Premiership wages could be solved by playing Zombies instead.

''You know, like that Walking Dead programme that's on Channel 5.''
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:21:07 PM by RIP VAN ROEDER »

Offline danlanza

Re: Whelan 'Martinez will go on to manage an Earth XI'
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 05:20:11 PM »
Marbles have all gone!

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »
V V Funny. I trust you don't mind If I rip this and send it on?

My Wife know the family on professional basis....

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 05:28:30 PM »
Nice one Fletch.

I would like to see Martinez re-forming The Beatles for an intergalactic winner-take-all X-Factor. Bobby would be Lennon surely?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:30:18 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
With my john e hat on...

I think Whelan is playing a blinder in this matter.  He's the only chairman to have played football so might know a thing or two about football and aliens obviously.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:01:16 PM »
With my john e hat on...

I think Whelan is playing a blinder in this matter.  He's the only chairman to have played football so might know a thing or two about football and aliens obviously.

I've heard he's going to see Prometheus tonight in order to research what to experience from a coordinated alien attack.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »
Martinez is probably sat at his home, staring at his mobile phone, wondering why Barcelona or Chelsea aren't phoning him. 

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 08:46:51 PM »
Very good that, George.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »
Will he sack Martinez when they get relegated at the end of the season?

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:17 PM »
"I gave Roberto permission to speak to Andromeda but although they are a fantastic galaxy teeming with trillions of varied exotic lifeforms, I just don't think they're big enough for him. He will one day evolve into a being of pure energy, able to bend the laws of science at a whim and will go on to manage the Virgo supercluster, perhaps even an observable universal XI. And I will be there poised like a spider to take their compensation money."

Offline Trinitymiddle

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »
I would piss my pants if Wigan got relegated next year.

Martinez and his mate Mad Dave would be forgotten about and would never be seen in the Premiership again.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 09:50:51 PM »
I would piss my pants if Wigan got relegated next year.

Martinez and his mate Mad Dave would be forgotten about and would never be seen in the Premiership again.

What's the betting he'd sack him.  Robbie has taken us as far as he can type bollocks? Martinez's stock will never be as high as it is now.  Wigan will be expected to stay in the Prem next season and Martinez thought of as doing a normal type job, whereas this season just gone it was a miracle of biblical proportions!!

Offline charlie

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »
Is Jose' quaking at thee thought of Roberto usurping his position, or will it be Lord Ferg who is for  the chop, with 'old mate' Dave cheering him on.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »
I've actually been thinking about this and the Avengers would make a fine Earth defense football team.  The Hulk, obviously, would be your midfield hardman.  Upfront you can't get more striking that the Black Widow!  Abley supported by the boy Thor, and his hammer.

In goal I suggest putting in a bid for the Fantastic Four's Mr Fantastic, as his stretchey limbs would make him extremely difficult to beat.

Offline James

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
I've actually been thinking about this and the Avengers would make a fine Earth defense football team.  The Hulk, obviously, would be your midfield hardman.  Upfront you can't get more striking that the Black Widow!  Abley supported by the boy Thor, and his hammer.

In goal I suggest putting in a bid for the Fantastic Four's Mr Fantastic, as his stretchey limbs would make him extremely difficult to beat.

And up front the invisible one, no offside there Lino! LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal