collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other clubs' managers  (Read 597035 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
Re: Other clubs' managers
« Reply #3915 on: July 04, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »
Well I hope Lampard flops massively. Never liked him.

Online Damo70

« Reply #3916 on: July 04, 2019, 09:29:37 AM »
I have always quite liked Lampard. I don't really have a problem with Chelsea either. I save my bile for Small Heath, Manure and Liverpool in that order.

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #3917 on: July 04, 2019, 09:34:31 AM »
Can anybody confirm if Frank Lampard has left Frank Lampard's Derby to be appointed head coach of Frank Lampard's Chelsea?  Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3918 on: July 04, 2019, 09:38:12 AM »
The lack of due diligence in football management recruitment is brilliant. In what other industry would you employ someone with 12 months experience to fill one of the top positions in the country...

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #3919 on: July 04, 2019, 09:45:44 AM »
I think Frank Lampard is going to need all the luck in the world to succeed at Chelsea .Lets face it,he failed to get Derby promoted so how is he expected to succeed at Chelsea minus their best player and a transfer ban

Online Nev

« Reply #3920 on: July 04, 2019, 09:52:59 AM »
I've never liked Fat Frank, I was one of the few who stood still as all around applauded when he broke their scoring record in our ground. I admired the achievement but it's their business and he was our opponent.

I have to say he acted with great professionalism in his first managerial role and I was very impressed but his switch to Chelsea sees me wishing him nothing but bad luck, misfortune and downright misery in his new role.

Online olaftab

• GM : 22.04.2020
« Reply #3921 on: July 04, 2019, 12:44:13 PM »
The lack of due diligence in football management recruitment is brilliant. In what other industry would you employ someone with 12 months experience to fill one of the top positions in the country...
Itís like if JLR decide to appoint the nearest KwikFit manager as their new CEO😂

However in my traditional mind Derby are a same size club as Chelsea.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:48:50 PM by olaftab »

Online olaftab

• GM : 22.04.2020
« Reply #3922 on: July 04, 2019, 12:46:46 PM »
Can anybody confirm if Frank Lampard has left Frank Lampard's Derby to be appointed head coach of Frank Lampard's Chelsea?  Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
Thatís too difficult as no one has mentioned  it but great news is SSN keep showing John McGinn goal as Frankís biggest achievement😊

Online Damo70

« Reply #3923 on: July 04, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
I've never liked Fat Frank, I was one of the few who stood still as all around applauded when he broke their scoring record in our ground. I admired the achievement but it's their business and he was our opponent.

I have to say he acted with great professionalism in his first managerial role and I was very impressed but his switch to Chelsea sees me wishing him nothing but bad luck, misfortune and downright misery in his new role.

I applauded Lampard that day. As a season ticket holder in the McLeish/Lambert years it was a rare opportunity to applaud something apart from the half time entertainment and the announcement of the attendance.

Online Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #3924 on: July 04, 2019, 08:06:28 PM »
Fair play to Lampard, securing a 3 year contract. Nice big payout after the Chelsea fans hound him out in less than a season.

Offline Hinckley Dave

« Reply #3925 on: July 04, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
I remember a game, around 10ish years ago, when he came over to take a corner in front of the Holte. It was soon after he split with his Doris and we all started giving it "where's ya missus gone", he looked up gave a big smile and nodded. I always thought he were alright after that. I still hope he's another pundit on telly come Christmas though.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3926 on: July 04, 2019, 09:20:06 PM »
Don't mind Lampard.  Never have.  Seems untouched by a lot of the arseholery that afflicts so many footballers.

Offline KRS

« Reply #3927 on: July 04, 2019, 09:38:52 PM »
Nwver disliked him and think heís been one of, if not, the best midfielders of his generation. I think this is a mistake for both Lampard and Chelsea...even though I can understand the reasons why both have made the decisions they have.

Online danno

« Reply #3928 on: July 04, 2019, 09:54:15 PM »
Penny for the thoughts of Howe and Dyche this evening.

Its ridiculous Solskjaer and Lampard have gotten the opportunities they have. Moyes is little more than a meme now but he did at least have to earn his chance at a champions league side.

Nothing against either man but I sincerely hope they both fail spectacularly. Honestly think Guardiola and Zidane have convinced chairmen everywhere an ex player is the way to go.

Online AsTallAsLions

« Reply #3929 on: July 04, 2019, 09:56:50 PM »
Penny for the thoughts of Howe and Dyche this evening.

Its ridiculous Solskjaer and Lampard have gotten the opportunities they have. Moyes is little more than a meme now but he did at least have to earn his chance at a champions league side.

Nothing against either man but I sincerely hope they both fail spectacularly. Honestly think Guardiola and Zidane have convinced chairmen everywhere an ex player is the way to go.

Twas ever thus mate. See also: Shearer, Ince, Keane, Giggs, et al