collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ordinary Joe's talking crap about our club  (Read 18406 times)

Online Chris Harte

Ordinary Joe's talking crap about our club
« on: May 24, 2012, 09:20:48 AM »
With Facebook and Twitter, its never been so easy for the average Joe to get their opinions into public view. I sometimes look at the BBC Website's "Sportsday" live feed and scratch my head in bemusement at some of the comments.

For instance:

Chris Yeomans on Twitter: "Short-sightedness from Villa to release Heskey when Owen is on a free, the old partnership could have had a renaissance."

Two players with a combined age of 65 or 66, who would be seeking a combined weekly wage of 140k. And how many appearances have they made over the last three years?

Offline Damo70

Re: Ordinary Joe's talking crap about our club
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:34:09 AM »
Not sure if he would be classed as an Ordinary Joe but has Darren "Goughie" Gough waded into our managerial debate yet? He was very vocal about the fans versus AM issue towards the end of the season on the basis he had a mate who is a Villa fan and he had been to a game with him during the season.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:25 AM »
Could just be a poor attempt at being funny?

But if not I like to believe that natural selection will eventually filter these people out.

Offline mal

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:43:21 AM »
Gavin Sunley ‏@GavinSunley

#Heskey seen in Sunderland, apparently he went for Middlesbrough but missed #bbcsportsday

is a poor attempt at being funny. Come on, Darwin.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:47:09 AM »
I'm currently writing a programme to put an "Idiot Filter" button on social network sites. It works very well, trouble is you just end up with blank pages. ;)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 09:57:11 AM »
I don't mind them talking about us - everyone is entitled to an opinion.  But what I don't like is such poor research and ill informed 'facts' people like Talkshite come out with, which the masses then take on as gospel.  Such as Bent missing most of the season (he didn't), the fans being on AM's back from the start (we weren't) and Martinez being offered the job last summer (he wasn't).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:24:07 AM by John M »

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »
Not sure if he would be classed as an Ordinary Joe but has Darren "Goughie" Gough waded into our managerial debate yet? He was very vocal about the fans versus AM issue towards the end of the season on the basis he had a mate who is a Villa fan and he had been to a game with him during the season.

When a guy from Barnsley who took over 200 test wickets for England talks about the Villa, I think we should give his opinions the attention they deserve.

Offline sideshow

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 10:35:52 AM »
Adrian Durham on TS yesterday,

"Solskjaer turned down the Villa, would he have turned down Man Utd?"

1, he wasnt actually offered the job (as far as we know, so therefore as far as Durham knows), and 2, how on earth can you try to stimulate debate by comparing the Villa vacancy to a hypothetical vacancy at Man Utd.

Twat.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
Heskey and Owen sounds like a deadly duo to me

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 11:01:43 AM »
Heskey and Owen sounds like a deadly duo to me

Go on pubehead , you know you want them.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »
Villa being shortsighted?  Im starting to think it was Heskey that was short sighted, because good defensive striker he was, he couldnt see that goal!

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
On that subject who is the manic depressive who is Vernon.
Every time he gets a platform on the radio he just depresses the life out of me - he never has anything positive to say about us

Its no wonder they let him on as he conforms almost exactly to the negative image the media trys to portray us in

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 12:52:07 PM »
I remain at a loss why anyone would listen to TalkSport.  They deliberately talk shite simply to get you wound up and to talk about them.  I mean no body with two brain cells to rub together could really believe what they say could they?

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 12:53:15 PM »
On that subject who is the manic depressive who is Vernon.
Every time he gets a platform on the radio he just depresses the life out of me - he never has anything positive to say about us

Its no wonder they let him on as he conforms almost exactly to the negative image the media trys to portray us in

Which is probably why they have him on. He fits their stereotype and reinforces them holding those vews themselves

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »
Adrian Durham on TS yesterday,

"Solskjær turned down the Villa, would he have turned down Man Utd?"

1, he wasnt actually offered the job (as far as we know, so therefore as far as Durham knows), and 2, how on earth can you try to stimulate debate by comparing the Villa vacancy to a hypothetical vacancy at Man Utd.

Twat.

His other pearl of wisdom was that Ian Holloway would be a perfect fit for Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal